Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wavelab 6???  (Read 1355 times)

Offline bkirby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
Wavelab 6???
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:23:57 AM »
Anyone have it yet? I am thinking of purchasing. Just curious as how it stands up for 24bit editing with the no-limit file size...

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Wavelab 6???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 11:40:01 AM »
works great fast and awesome,
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline John P

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • sometimes a dog is as good as any man
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 08:43:30 AM »
Got my upgrade about a month ago.  It is very nice.  Tons of enhancements some very minor, and others are big.  Spectrum editor, DIRAC processor, Crystal resampler and best of all, the ability to handle files larger than 2gb.  You have to activate support for RF64 in the preferences - files tab.  It also supports .w64 if you want to go that route.  The RF64 keeps the .wav extension, but can only be opened by applications that support the RF64 standard.  Don't know enough about this yet, as in if you split your show into a fileset, and flac it, when it is decompressed, can apps not in support of RF64 open them? 

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »
Samplitude /Sequoia is superior to Wavelab if you do anything other than 2 channel editing.

WL6 is great, dont own it but did play around with a ME friends copy. very nice interface, intuitive,,SRC is very nice.... Samplitude does >2g natively. Does DVD Audio natively, burns DDP discs/DVD-A/CD via its own burning engine...FFT, Oscillioscope, Spectragram,,,..POW-R 3 included.Edits in real time, no rendering necessary. Everything is done "virtually" not changing the original file until you choose to bounce..Very minmial CPU usage..the list goes on and on..

I got my version of Samplitude Pro V8 for 450 bucks. Brand new. Sequoia is a lot more expensive..

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 11:26:00 AM by Teddy »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com