Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

toddmod for DMIC-20, worth the $ ?

(1/2) > >>

chase:
I've had my DMIC-20 for a couple months now and I love it.  I was wondering if the toddmod is really worth it.  Right now my tapes come out with substantialy uneven levels (3-4db off) formost shows.  Now, I have found a way around this simply by normalizing each channel independently of each other in Soundforge to 0db.  This evens out the levels to within ~1db of each other.  Looking for opinions from people who have had the mod done to see if it might be worth it.

Chapper:
Sorry I've got no insight on the issue, but am also curious.  I'd like to have knobs on my GP ADC20.  How does one get hold of Todd?

Tim:
I'd do it for sure. I'm not a fan of normalizing at all, it just doesn't sound as natural to me as cranking the gain! When you are recording 16bit it's very important to put down as much on the tape as possible, otherwise you're not utilizing all 16 bits.

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: Tim on September 05, 2003, 03:59:15 PM ---I'd do it for sure. I'm not a fan of normalizing at all, it just doesn't sound as natural to me as cranking the gain! When you are recording 16bit it's very important to put down as much on the tape as possible, otherwise you're not utilizing all 16 bits.

--- End quote ---

very true, but i still do it.... 8)

Sean Gallemore:
use attenuators, crank the gain, and then we be rocking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version