Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Upgrade from OKMII/R to SP-CMC-8 but........please help me.  (Read 1504 times)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Upgrade from OKMII/R to SP-CMC-8 but........please help me.
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:36:14 PM »
After 5 years and more than 50 glourious tapings, I made the desicion to "upgarde"  my mic´s
This was my rig: OKMII/R>A3>M1   LINE IN   (no roll of switch used neither the 0 20 Db)
Mostly taped/taping:  pop/rock, metal stuffM; large arena, small venues you name it.
Results? GREAT!!

So after hours reading, researching, asking, I made the descition:
 ??? with mini XLR´s
-AT8533  locking connectors
-DEN-PS2-MINI
All this via miniplug to my beloved M1 using LINE IN
As you can see I bought the Phantom power and lockings to avoid clipping in those loud concerts.
*Yeah, I know the DPA´s are "the ones" but dont have lots of money to spend on those.

So.......
Taping time!
2 weeks ago I taped this rock "not so loud" concert, small, venue, standing; I was at my usual standing point, just in front of the SBD, the result was great :)

Last night went to the very same place, very same standing point, but this time the band was "industrial electronic body music group" The sound was quite loud but not the point to have an overload/clip, these guys mainly play bass drum and synths.
The result.............. >:( very slight overloading,  its "un-annoying" but its there!
With the OKM´s this wouldnt happend! as I taped there real loud metal stuff with great results!

Next taping
Again! very same venue but this time....trash metal band! I dont want to fry it, so, Im thinking to bring back to life the OKMII´s

Im hooking something wrong? yes I know that these mics overload easily, so I bought the phantom set to avoid this............ but?
Hooking a 3 wire box would fix it? instead of the phantom power?

Please, any help, comment, really appreciated!
Specially people using the very same rig.

Ed  :(

Offline aberg

• Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
Re: Upgrade from OKMII/R to SP-CMC-8 but........please help me.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »
Are you using mic in or line in on the M1... maybe you should get some XLR line transformers...

Offline emalvido

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 03:10:39 PM »
Using LINE IN, I have already tested using MIC and the results is urghhh ultra high clip unlisteneable.

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:33:50 AM »
you should use a bass-roll-off filter for loud bass-drum stylish shows and find a place somewhere near the soundboard to keep some distance to the PA(speakers).
i will tape my 1st show with the sp-cmc-8 tomorrow evening in vienna.
i will use this battery box with bass-filter set at 107Hz on my iriver´s line-in.
http://microphonemadness.com/products/mmmimbobafim.htm
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com