Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MBHO history  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
MBHO history
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:09:45 PM »
I'd like to learn about the mics I'm currently running.  All I know is Schneider studied under the tutelage of Dr. Schoeps in Germany for sometime.  Anything on this history of this company, materials/techniques, or general thoughts would interest me. 

Jesse

FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re: MBHO history
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »
I believe the same can be said for MBHO, worked with schoeps at one point or another but I could be wrong.

Good mics though...
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 03:24:41 PM »
Marc Nutter would be the guy to ask. Sonic Sense was one of the first retailers I knew of to carry MBHOs, and he seems to be really knowledgeable about the company.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline muj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:35:33 PM »
actually david josephson was the first to import these back in the 80's i believe.

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »
Yup, I had some Josephson C-640's. Which were basically MBHO 648's (transformer coupled) with the option to run with an internal battery or 48 v DC phantom power. I bought mine from Josephson in 1990. Contrary to what most people report about David now, my experience with him at that time was not good. I did have a good experience with MBHO, through Mr. Haun in Germany though.

Yeah, Nutter can probably tell you all about the MBHO's...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:43:03 PM »
I went from josephson c42 cards to mbho 603/500 hypers, nice transition.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline GOLEAFSGO

• Taperssection Regular
  • Vancouver, BC
    • My Web Page
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 06:14:28 PM »
went and stayed with marc and parker for panic this year at Red Rocks.  Parker is still a very big MBHO supporter and knows her stuff.  however; my neumann's still pulled better tapes.

chris
MBHO 603 > 744T

""I'm not from Mexico, but I'll eat me some beans!""

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com