Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R09 file is showing as corrupt data on pc, but plays on unit. Help please  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Corncobs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I'm pretty new to taping & a NEWBIE to using the forums, so please go easy on the techno info.
I've just purchased an Edirol R09 recently.

My 3rd recording was last night.  I've had no transfer problems so far, until now.........
I had 4 wav files on my 2GB card.  3 were very small 'false starts' i.e. the band didn't come on, so I stopped recording!
Those 3 have transfered to my pc with no problem.
The 4th, my main recording is approx 1.2GB & won't transfer.  The exact message I'm getting is -

"Cannot copy R09_0004: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I also tried opening it with WM Player & Adobe Audition2, but both refused to recognise the file.

Yet the file will play on the Edirol & sounds fantastic.

Can I retrieve & transfer the wav file to my pc?
Can anybody help me in my dilema?
 :(
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 06:46:11 AM by Corncobs »

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
No firsthand experience, but I think this thread might address your problem....

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=71825.0

DPA4060
R09

Offline Corncobs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Thanks for your reply & the link.  :)

I thinks there's quite a bit about the R09 I need to read................... :hmmm:

Well, back to the issue in hand -
I thought I'd lost the file altogether, but I'm happy to say I've been able to recover it to my HDD.   :spin:

I think it was corrupted somehow when I finished recording.  Maybe I didn't shut the unit down properly because I was rushing out of the hall i.e. I had to run like hell get my last bus out of town.
As for recovering the file - I got a bit p****d off & thought I'd try 'this, that & the other'.
I ran Windows 'bad data recovery' on it.  I then tried to copy it to my drive after completion, but it still gave the 'bad data' warning.  So I decided to try out a bit of software called 'SanDisk Recovery Pro'. It's function is to recover files you're lost or deleted from disks, cards,etc.  It was a long shot though.......
The program recognised my 'corrupt' file & started to recover data from my card (i.e. copy it to my HDD), but the program crashed after about 45 mins.  It only managed to retrieve part of the data!
But for some reason that I can't explain, when I decided to give it another shot at simply copying it to my HDD, my system recognised the file & it's now on my HDD.

I opened it up in Adobe Audition & noticed that the end of the recording had corrupted.  Not in a destructive manner, but it had somehow 'tried' to capture the last song portion an extra 3 times.........
I'm just guessing, but perhaps I didn't stop the recorder correctly before turning the power off & that could have caused some corruption.
Remember that's only a guess!

It's been a great relief, but I still don't know for sure what happened or how it actually corrected.  ???

BTW The recording sounds very good indeed. It will definitly be shared on the main torrent site I use.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 02:58:16 PM by Corncobs »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.094 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com