Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mac: A FLAC and iTunes script. Any help getting this going?  (Read 2933 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Mac: A FLAC and iTunes script. Any help getting this going?
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »
iTunes to FLAC

This looks like something I REALLY want to do but I am not well versed enough to get this rolling. Has anyone done this? Any chance of some help installing and making this happen?

PLEASE!!!
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Mac: A FLAC and iTunes script. Any help getting this going?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 05:41:47 PM »
Can you be a little more specific as to what you are trying to accomplish?

keytohwy

Offline keytohwy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:55:16 PM »
Or maybe just this:

A package of AppleScripts which simplify the following tasks: (a) encoding in FLAC of AIFF or WAVE tracks selected in iTunes and converting ID3 tags to FLAC comments, (b) decoding FLAC files to AIFF or WAVE and converting FLAC comments to iTunes ID3 tags, (c) encoding audio CD images of the bin/cue type to FLAC, and, (d) decoding FLAC-encoded audio CD images.
Requires flac, metaflac, cue2toc and toc2cue (or cueconvert).

http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/iTunes-to-FLAC-Download-18298.html

keytohwy

iTunes to FLAC

This looks like something I REALLY want to do but I am not well versed enough to get this rolling. Has anyone done this? Any chance of some help installing and making this happen?

PLEASE!!!

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 10:06:08 PM »

Thanks for the reply! I am trying to use these tools to get iTunes to play and decode FLAC files. I'm not sure how to properly install these files. It is not built into an installer of it's own.

Thanks!
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline keytohwy

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 01:04:53 AM »
iTunes relies on QuickTime for it's playback and encoding.  And while there are many plugins for QT, none offer FLAC codecs for QT7 (neither Mac nor PC).  There is talk of support for that in the upcoming Leopard Mac OS release, but time will tell.

keytohwy

Thanks for the reply! I am trying to use these tools to get iTunes to play and decode FLAC files. I'm not sure how to properly install these files. It is not built into an installer of it's own.

Thanks!

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 08:14:04 AM »
http://sbooth.org/Play/

it plays flac files

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:48 AM »
I would ultimately like to be able to convert FLAC in iTunes with the metadata intact. This package seemingly does this. That is why I want to try it. Also...

iTunes relies on QuickTime for it's playback and encoding.  And while there are many plugins for QT, none offer FLAC codecs for QT7 (neither Mac nor PC).  There is talk of support for that in the upcoming Leopard Mac OS release, but time will tell.

Check out :http://www.xiph.org/quicktime/

http://sbooth.org/Play/

I don't have X.4. I have X.3.9. I use Cog right now by the same maker but it only plays 16bit FLAC. I want to convert as well.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:58:46 AM by cleantone »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 12:57:33 PM »
I haven't looked into it too much. I think I couldn't get it to work right or something but it says:

08.05.2006 - XiphQT 0.1.5 released

What's new in this release? Intel Mac compatibility (finally!), FLAC decoder, fresh (and still warm!) Theora decoder and a number of bug fixes and other smaller changes - see the release notes for details.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com