Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5 Digi switch mod - where to put the switch? Remove optical digital out?  (Read 2079 times)

Offline spaceboy_psy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Always expect the inevitable
Hi everyone, wondered what people were doing with their switches after a UA-5 Digi Switch Mod? Do most just tape it down inside the case? I'd really like it on the outside somewhere but don't have a drill, so wondered if I could remove the optical digital input or output, slip the switch in that hole, and still have a working UA-5? Or would that break the circuit? The coaxial output is another contender but looks harder as it's part of the same piece of plastic as the coaxial input, which I do need.

Cheeeers!

EDIT: Also, wondered if someone could help me out with a little thing. Following this guy's instructions: http://album.he.fi/hessu/ua5-switch-modified/?c=albumview&ctype=large&first=1&count=10

He's cut the trace on the under-side of the board, unlike other digi mod instructions I read, and I wondered where I should test for continuity here? It seems obvious but thought I should check to be sure - between the point right next to the cut (Here: http://album.he.fi/photo.php/hessu.34.1722.large.jpg) and the next point along the trace, below and between C40 and R32?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 04:32:29 PM by spaceboy_psy »

Offline spaceboy_psy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Always expect the inevitable
Thanks for the reply!

Yup, seems the switch mod ain't so popular. I want it not so I can use a laptop in the field but so I can use the UA-5 in my home, and so drilling a hole seems to be the best option now. Will have to find someone who can drill then! Cheers

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com