Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Replacing audio on a dvd?  (Read 7917 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Replacing audio on a dvd?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:41 PM »
oh, and the instructions given above for sync'ing an external audio source with video...seems like people are making it more complicated than it is. the whole business about "demux"ing, dealing with .m2v files, etc.? i just did the whole thing in sony vegas rather easily. import the video and the external audio onto the trackline, use time stretch to sync the external audio to the cam audio as if you were creating a matrix, then just mute the cam audio and render/export, and you're done.
you didn't read the post did you?
he already has a 100% complete dvd
he can't simply import the files

having a 100% complete DVD isn't a sticking point at all. like stantheman said you can use DVD decrypter as you rip the DVD...or what i use is a simple freeware program called VOB2MPG. you just rip the DVD to your hard drive and it converts the VIDEO_TS folder into one large MPG file. Vegas works directly on MPG files, not on DVDs.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOB2MPG
yes you are right
what i was saying though was he can't simply drag and drop he needs to do some sort of conversion
rather its demux or convert the vob > mpg/avi/dv whatever
since we are talking about that route, handbreak is a program for mac that he can use
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline KurtMichaels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 07:33:33 PM »
As mentioned, MPEG Streamclip is a free tool for demuxing VOBs. You will get a .m2v file and propably a .ac3 file.

If you got Final Cut Pro, you propably got Compressor. Compressor produces the new .ac3 files. You could then use DVD Studio Pro to mux 'em together (assuming you have that one, it's in the FCS package). Problem is now you have to re-author the DVD. DVDSP can read a VIDEO_TS though.

As for solution to just mux the VOB files, don't know, never had that problem. FFMpegX I guess does it. Toast maybe. Compressor has an option to mux MPEG2+AC3 into an MPG file, but I guess you would need another tool to get a VOB from here. VisualHub is a free one-click-don't-care tool, that produces VOBs, but I guess you cant just extract the file from the fileset and use it elsewhere - or can you?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:54:53 PM by KurtMichaels »

Offline BlackLab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 09:16:04 AM »
If you have Vegas , just rename VOB files so file extension is MPG and import file. Thereafter the video and audio are separate and makes for easy dubbing

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com