Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09HR - Part THREE  (Read 86876 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Edirol R-09HR - Part THREE
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 03:25:24 PM »
Anyone try a 32GB card yet?  The PNY is starting to look attractive, price-wise.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline pgadams

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
Anyone try a 32GB card yet?  The PNY is starting to look attractive, price-wise.
I haven't tried 32GB yet but have had much success with 2 Transcend 16GB Class 6 cards.
Mics.................CSBinary, CSCardioid, CA Cardioids
BB ...................CS bb
D/A Converter....Mic 2496
Preamps............CA 9100                           
Recorder...........Axim X50v / Edirol R-09HR

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 09:23:14 PM »
Yep, I'm aware that the Transcend 16GB cards are spotty.  I got one of the early ones that didn't show problems and it's worked well for the past year, but it has recently started flashing 'slow card' occasionally when starting a new recording.  I can stop and restart the recording and it runs fine as long as necessary after that and hasn't lost or corrupted a file, but I'm ready to retire it to other duties.

Why 32GB? I really love having all that space on one card. 16 GB on one un-split volume is so much nicer than two 8 GB cards, especially for festivals where it eliminates the 'wasted space' you end up with on multiple cards when there's not enough space to fit a whole set safely.  Just eliminates most concerns about media space.  Unless I'm maxed out, I don't use 4gb cards anymore.  Always nice to have extra in case of unexpected recording opportunities. I bet you 96kHz guys would really like the extra space.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline pgadams

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 09:33:34 PM »
Yep, I'm aware that the Transcend 16GB cards are spotty.  I got one of the early ones that didn't show problems and it's worked well for the past year, but it has recently started flashing 'slow card' occasionally when starting a new recording.  I can stop and restart the recording and it runs fine as long as necessary after that and hasn't lost or corrupted a file, but I'm ready to retire it to other duties.

Why 32GB? I really love having all that space on one card. 16 GB on one un-split volume is so much nicer than two 8 GB cards, especially for festivals where it eliminates the 'wasted space' you end up with on multiple cards when there's not enough space to fit a whole set safely.  Just eliminates most concerns about media space.  Unless I'm maxed out, I don't use 4gb cards anymore.  Always nice to have extra in case of unexpected recording opportunities. I bet you 96kHz guys would really like the extra space.
The extra space is nice. I am recording at 24/96 and typically do rock concerts lasting 3-4 hours with a bit of lead-in time. No worries when it comes to space with 16GB. That gives me time to worry about everything else.  :-\
Mics.................CSBinary, CSCardioid, CA Cardioids
BB ...................CS bb
D/A Converter....Mic 2496
Preamps............CA 9100                           
Recorder...........Axim X50v / Edirol R-09HR

Offline Mr.Scully

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Queen Concerts
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2008, 09:45:36 AM »
Guys, what's the name of the utility that helps you recover "lost data" (= WAV files with corrupted header - which happens if the recorder is switched off incorrectly or something...). I'll be recording lots of gigs in the forthcoming weeks and I will have no access to the Internet so I'd like to download that program for a possible offline use ;) Thanks!

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
Guys, what's the name of the utility that helps you recover "lost data" (= WAV files with corrupted header - which happens if the recorder is switched off incorrectly or something...). I'll be recording lots of gigs in the forthcoming weeks and I will have no access to the Internet so I'd like to download that program for a possible offline use ;) Thanks!

Isn't it wave header repair? I thought I had that on my thumb drive but I don't.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline kcmoejoe

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Team Kansasouri
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=72936.0
Open: JW Mod AKG 460 (ck61/63) > Sound Devices MP-2 > R-09HR / D8
Stealth: AT853 w/ 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub-Card,Hypers) / DPA 4061 > Batt. Box > R-09HR

Audio trade list: http://db.etree.org/kcmoejoe  (outdated)
DVD trade list: http://db.etree.org/kcmjdvd  (outdated)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000146308101
shows on LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/kcmoejoe
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kcmoejoe

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
Finally got my Edirol R-09HR and plan on taking it for a test spin this weekend.  It's an all-female mariachi ensemble, and it's outdoors, so I don't think it'll be that loud.

I've got Coresound Stealthy Cardiods with a Coresound battery box.

How does this setup sound:

Line In
ACG - OFF
Low Cut- OFF
Mic Gain - LOW

Internal Set Up

Menu > Input Display > Plug In Power - OFF

Start off with audio input at 50.

Thanks!!
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »
Finally got my Edirol R-09HR and plan on taking it for a test spin this weekend.  It's an all-female mariachi ensemble, and it's outdoors, so I don't think it'll be that loud.

I've got Coresound Stealthy Cardiods with a Coresound battery box.

How does this setup sound:

Line In
ACG - OFF
Low Cut- OFF
Mic Gain - LOW

Internal Set Up

Menu > Input Display > Plug In Power - OFF

Start off with audio input at 50.

Thanks!!

You´re good to go.
Good luck ;)
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline jmz93

• Taperssection Member
**CAN'T UPDATE TO FW1.04!
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 12:55:23 PM »
Help!  I'm using an 8GB card in my R-09HR, and have had no trouble recording in 24/96, copying files to the computer, etc.
Yesterday, I realized I hadn't yet updated to version 1.04. I had an original R-09, so I'm not unaware of the procedure involved.

I formatted the card, copied the necessary file to it, and tried powering up the HR with REC held down.  I get an "no update found" message that won't go away!

I've tried this a couple times, and yes, the file is indeed on the card.

So, has anybody else had this problem?

I know the manual states to never update while on battery power, but I have two fully-charged 2,700MA NiMH batteries in the unit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »
Fresh batteries should work fine.

Format the card in the deck, then load the update file.

Sometimes takes a few tries.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline frets3

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 04:33:01 PM »
I tried unsuccessfully to update the firmware to 1.04 with a 4 gb card.  But it went quite smoothly when I tried it from the 512 mb card that came with the recorder.

Worth a try, maybe.

Good luck, David

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: **CAN'T UPDATE TO FW1.04!
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »
Help!  I'm using an 8GB card in my R-09HR, and have had no trouble recording in 24/96, copying files to the computer, etc.
Yesterday, I realized I hadn't yet updated to version 1.04. I had an original R-09, so I'm not unaware of the procedure involved.

I formatted the card, copied the necessary file to it, and tried powering up the HR with REC held down.  I get an "no update found" message that won't go away!

I've tried this a couple times, and yes, the file is indeed on the card.

So, has anybody else had this problem?

I know the manual states to never update while on battery power, but I have two fully-charged 2,700MA NiMH batteries in the unit.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Just curious. What SD brand are you using?
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline Hman

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2008, 05:13:59 AM »
Where can I find the new firmware 1.04 update??
Mine is still running at 1.03 and tomorrow I have a gig to tape.. Can it hurt not update before that time??

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »
Where can I find the new firmware 1.04 update??
Mine is still running at 1.03 and tomorrow I have a gig to tape.. Can it hurt not update before that time??

Rule of thumb...never update firmware if you have an important gig coming up AND it ain't broke :)

...but you seem to be a thrill seeker...

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/goFtp.cfm?sRcId=0000024481&sDlId=0000060046

digifish
- What's this knob do?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com