Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09HR - Part THREE  (Read 87008 times)

Offline Dede2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Edirol R-09HR - Part THREE
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2008, 03:59:38 PM »
This might sound like a stupid question but how do I update the firmware on my HR?

Chris

The 1.05 upgrade link vanished from the Download page at http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=960&ParentId=114.
You can only find the 1.04 firmware ( the one I use BTW).
Seems to me that they came to the conclusion (I did) that this thing has something really wrong to it. :P
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:01:13 PM by Dede2002 »
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline scottE

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2008, 04:00:42 PM »
This might sound like a stupid question but how do I update the firmware on my HR?

Chris

Go go to the download link @ roland.com - there you can also d'l a pdf that gives exact steps for the firmware update

1.05 is still here

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?iCncd=4720&ln=en&SearchBy=RcId&dst=P&iRcId=0000026712&dsp=1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:02:17 PM by scottE »
SP-BMC-12
SP-SPSB-6

PCM-A10
Edirol R-09HR

Iphone + SC6-L+OKM

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2008, 04:24:07 PM »
Thank you guys.
God knows I have updated my fair share of devices and firmware but for some reason I could not find any info.. I guess I was not looking hard enough.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline GregDunn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »
I took my 09HR to work today and repeatedly cycled the power; I was getting about 70% freezes with 1.05 - the highest incidence rate ever.  Tried some setting changes that I might possibly have tweaked, just to be sure it wasn't an odd combo of internal configuration.

Just got home, restored 1.04, and have cycled the unit half a dozen times with no problems.  I'll keep doing this with different settings until I'm convinced, but it looks very positive at the moment.

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
I took my 09HR to work today and repeatedly cycled the power; I was getting about 70% freezes with 1.05 - the highest incidence rate ever.  Tried some setting changes that I might possibly have tweaked, just to be sure it wasn't an odd combo of internal configuration.

Just got home, restored 1.04, and have cycled the unit half a dozen times with no problems.  I'll keep doing this with different settings until I'm convinced, but it looks very positive at the moment.

Trust me. Nothing bad is going to happen again.
Same weird thing happened to me and since I put the 1.04 firmware back, everything is OK.

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2008, 07:00:20 PM »

Trust me. Nothing bad is going to happen again.
Same weird thing happened to me and since I put the 1.04 firmware back, everything is OK.

I have been using 1.05 without problems since it came out. I wonder if you guys had a corrupt download?

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline GregDunn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
I went to the link posted in a thread here - which I assume most others did?  No idea how it could have been corrupted and still unpacked without checksum errors, but I suppose it's possible.

What kind of card are others using?  I have a Patriot 8GB Class 6 SDHC card in while testing...

I don't really have any shows coming up till December, so I could get a new download, install 1.05 again, test some more.  But frankly I don't see anything in 1.05 that I need over 1.04...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 01:17:05 AM by GregDunn »

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »
I went to the link posted in a thread here - which I assume most others did?  No idea how it could have been corrupted and still unpacked without checksum errors, but I suppose it's possible.

What kind of card are others using?  I have a Patriot 8GB Class 6 SDHC card in while testing...

I don't really have any shows coming up till December, so I could get a new download, install 1.05 again, test some more.  But frankly I don't see anything in 1.05 that I need over 1.04...

That's exactly the point. Nothing really new in the new firmware. I use a Kingston 8GB class 6 SD card. But the same weird thing happened when I tried with my 4GB Kingston card.
As a matter of fact, I've downloaded the the new version four times. Same problem every time. That's why, like others,  I put the 1.04 version back in my unit. No more problems ever since.
I've never said the new firmware it a drag or something. Just that the same problem happened to a resonable number of members around here, which is really strange.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:37:44 AM by Dede2002 »

Offline GregDunn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2008, 11:26:35 AM »
Yeah, I was just hoping there might be a common factor causing some of us to have problems with 1.05.  Usually lockups on boot translate to some kind of race condition with the hardware, and the memory is probably the biggest variable in individual units.  Not knowing what the unit is trying to initialize after the banner and before the operational display comes up, I can't suggest what other component might be contributing to the issue.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »
Yeah, I was just hoping there might be a common factor causing some of us to have problems with 1.05.  Usually lockups on boot translate to some kind of race condition with the hardware, and the memory is probably the biggest variable in individual units.  Not knowing what the unit is trying to initialize after the banner and before the operational display comes up, I can't suggest what other component might be contributing to the issue.

I say replace the memory. I am running a Kingston 8 gig card with no issues what so ever.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
Mine is fine with 1.05 and a class 6 A-Data 16gb card.  2 shows so far on 1.05, one steath (show and opener) and 1 stand (2 sets)

Depechemode1993

« Reply #176 on: November 28, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »
So today I got a new recorder... The Edirol R-09HR and the HEB DPA 4060s! [I sold my kart and bought a used car and had some money to spare   ;)]

Just kinda fiddling with it today and have a show on the 3rd. Just from your personal experience (for the people who have them) what do you put on the settings on the back? For sure mic gain is low and plug-in power is off but what is the limiter and low cut buttons do? and to I want those off or on?

I am guessing I want to run my 4060s Line in. I am really interested to run 24/96 and see what type of results I get. Thanks for answering my questions.

oh yeah.. this thing is small!!! I put it next to my M1 and D8 and i could not believe how small it is! stealthing will be a lot easier!

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2008, 12:29:23 AM »
So today I got a new recorder... The Edirol R-09HR and the HEB DPA 4060s! [I sold my kart and bought a used car and had some money to spare   ;)]

Just kinda fiddling with it today and have a show on the 3rd. Just from your personal experience (for the people who have them) what do you put on the settings on the back? For sure mic gain is low and plug-in power is off but what is the limiter and low cut buttons do? and to I want those off or on?

I am guessing I want to run my 4060s Line in. I am really interested to run 24/96 and see what type of results I get. Thanks for answering my questions.

oh yeah.. this thing is small!!! I put it next to my M1 and D8 and i could not believe how small it is! stealthing will be a lot easier!

Please don't take this as a smart ass answer - but answers to all of your questions are covered in detail in this thread.  If you haven't already done so, I recommend starting with part 1 (you can skip ahead to the point in the thread where people actually have received and started using their 09HR) and read all the way through to the end of part 3.  After doing so - you'll be glad you took the time to do it.

Part 1:  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,100541.0.html
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Depechemode1993

« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2008, 12:44:58 AM »

Please don't take this as a smart ass answer - but answers to all of your questions are covered in detail in this thread.  If you haven't already done so, I recommend starting with part 1 (you can skip ahead to the point in the thread where people actually have received and started using their 09HR) and read all the way through to the end of part 3.  After doing so - you'll be glad you took the time to do it.

Part 1:  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,100541.0.html

just kinda lazy and didn't want to read almost 70 pages of posts.

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2008, 01:06:45 AM »
just kinda lazy and didn't want to read almost 70 pages of posts.

Thats the best way to learn, and the rest of us have all done it

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com