Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09HR - Part THREE  (Read 86993 times)

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
Re: Edirol R-09HR - Part THREE
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
I use gaffer's tape to cover the buttons on the back - electrical tape will leave a sticky residue.  Everyone needs gaffer's tape at some point in time.

One of the best inventions ever...

qft
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2008, 04:19:42 AM »
I'm thinking about picking up a couple of the following cards

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208293

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »

I did have trouble finding that HOLD button in the back once.  I'm going to put gaffer's tape on it now because it is really hard to find it in the dark. Good idea!

I use gaffer's tape to cover all of the buttons EXCEPT the HOLD button.  That makes the HOLD button a breeze to find...

;)

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2008, 11:23:05 PM »

I have used other Transcend with no issue, as well as A-Data and Sandisk, all class 4 or 6 cards

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2008, 11:44:30 PM »

I have used other Transcend with no issue, as well as A-Data and Sandisk, all class 4 or 6 cards

Thanks for the reply.  I ordered it yesterday.  I'll hopefully have it be the weekend....

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

Offline JB29

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
I just opended the box, and there doesn't appear to be anything missing, but the square cavity in the foam packaging insert was empty, which seemed strange. Is anything suppose to be in the square cavity?

Thanks.

Offline digifish_music

• Taperssection All-Star
    • digifish music
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2008, 08:40:34 PM »
I just opended the box, and there doesn't appear to be anything missing, but the square cavity in the foam packaging insert was empty, which seemed strange. Is anything suppose to be in the square cavity?

Thanks.

Did you get the

1. Remote control
2. Stand (plastic s shaped thing)
3. R09HR :)

digifish
- What's this knob do?

Offline JB29

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2008, 09:12:25 PM »
Yes.

Offline andol123

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
I just got a mail from a shop in Norway that Edirol will increase the suggested price of Edirol R-09hr starting
January 1st 2009 from todays 3390NOK (~482USD, ~€344) to 3628NOK (~515USD, ~€368). I wonder
if they'll do that all over Europe or just Norway.

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »
FYI posted a 39 minute ~55 meg recording sample of David Lindley during a recent benefit concert in Sonoma California.

Done with R-09HR MOD-4 (24bit/44.1K>VBR MP3) with (recently refurbished 16+ year old!) DSM headworn mic plugged directly into the HR's mic input set on LOW sensitivity. 

Excellent PA'd sound and solo performance by guitar wizard Lindley, but chatty crowd motivating the recordist to walk much closer to the stage during the first set recording in true stxxlth mode fashion.

For hearing what a simple MIC+R-09HR (MOD-4) two piece rig sounds like at an open-air concert download this file:
74.208.10.48/mp3/092808- David Lindley- Sonoma Plaza.mp3

TS thread discussing the HR MOD-4 at: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,109703.0/all.html
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Falconidave

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "I went to too many concerts" said no one ever!
« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2009, 03:20:54 PM »
Tried the v1.05 firmware update last night.  Everything seemed okay until I tried a 30+ minute record test at 24/96.  When I hit the stop button it locked up like fort knox.  Had to yank a battery to get it turned off.  Immediately went back to v1.04 until Edirol get's the bugs worked out.  No way I want to risk losing anything in the field.  C'mon Roland get things together!  Has anyone reported this to them and gotten any response?
Mics: Schoeps MK41; AT853(3-wire)(c,o); AT943(3-wire)(c,o); AT933(3-wire)(c,o); Shure 185(c); Sony ECM-166BMP (o); Sony ECM-166BC (c).
Interconnects: NBob Actives
Preamps: BabyNbox v2
Recorders: Sony PCM-A10(2); Sony PCM-M10; Edirol R-09HR; Sony MZ-RH1
Video: Panasonic HDC-TM700 HD; Panasonic Lumix GX85; Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS100; Canon PowerShot SX50 HD; Sony DSC-HX50V

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »
Tried the v1.05 firmware update last night.  Everything seemed okay until I tried a 30+ minute record test at 24/96.  When I hit the stop button it locked up like fort knox.  Had to yank a battery to get it turned off.  Immediately went back to v1.04 until Edirol get's the bugs worked out.  No way I want to risk losing anything in the field.  C'mon Roland get things together!  Has anyone reported this to them and gotten any response?

I'm definitely NOT making the move to v1.05 firmware until it is fixed.  I'm sure that there have been numerous submissions to Roland about the problems, but have any of you actually received a response from them?

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline dave570

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2009, 03:41:17 PM »
Something weird happened to me today.  I went to record something on the radio and the 9HR froze up solid in record mode. Had to take out a battery to unlock it. When I powered it back on, I noticed it said "No card"  and also "Loading....".  After 10 mins of this news, I gave up and patched in my D8. Glad I never sold it. Then, I put another card into 9HR and all was fine. So I deleted the contents of that bad card via PC reader and then formatted the empty SD card on the deck. All is well now with the 9HR and same card.

I've learned a valuable lesson here (and yes, I'm on 1.04).  From now on, I will always travel with an extra card when taping a show. I sometimes don't do that, esp in stealth mode.  The card was used many times and formatted many times from Sept til now. Somehow it crapped out and if this had happened at a show, I would be stuck without a good card to record to.

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »

I have. No response so far. :P
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »

I have. No response so far. :P

Sometimes problems like this have more to do with the make/model/production series of the flash card being used than the deck/firmware version (as far as the manufacturer is concerned). 

As some of us have learned the hard way, even card models reported to work without issues can get (often controller IC) changes in later production runs affecting a deck's ability to function reliably, or at certain (usually higher) recording sampling rates.

Make sure batteries were not low, note firmware version, also telling recording mode and which flash card/serial number or when purchased was used when reporting this kind of problem.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com