Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART II**  (Read 85711 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: M-Audio Flash Tracker details **PART II**
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2005, 04:29:33 PM »
low/medium/high? backlight control????

At first I thought maybe line/mic/? but I couldn't come up with the "h".

low mid high pass filter.  :P

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2005, 04:30:08 PM »
I'm guessing mic sensitivity - Low/Medium/High.

EDIT: Maybe it's a selector switch for line/mic/headphones?
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline Steelcorner27

• Taperssection Regular
  • Audix ADX20-D, DPA 4061, Audix M1290
    • Steelcorner27 Trading Page
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 05:12:51 PM »
For those of you who havent picked up a CF card yet and your not to anti Ebay yet I've pulled a couple nice prices out of there this week. I scored a new in package SanDisk 4gb x80 card for $175 and a Hitachi 4gb microdrive (out of package but new) for $113.

Brad

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2005, 05:22:05 PM »
The M-Audio site has:

"Recharge the battery by simply connecting MicroTrack to a PC or Mac via USB, or using an optional power supply."

In the pictures I don't see anywhere other than the USB connector where an optional power supply could plug in.  I wonder if that's only for recharging or whether you can run the MicroTrack from something like the PowerAll lithium battery with a USB terminator.

Jeff

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2005, 06:31:08 PM »
The M-Audio site has:

"Recharge the battery by simply connecting MicroTrack to a PC or Mac via USB, or using an optional power supply."

In the pictures I don't see anywhere other than the USB connector where an optional power supply could plug in.  I wonder if that's only for recharging or whether you can run the MicroTrack from something like the PowerAll lithium battery with a USB terminator.

Jeff

USB Power adapter- It must be a charger with a USB tip.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2005, 06:51:36 PM »
I'm guessing mic sensitivity - Low/Medium/High.

EDIT: Maybe it's a selector switch for line/mic/headphones?

i was thinking EXACTLY both of those
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2005, 06:15:08 AM »
The M-Audio site has:

Jeff

USB Power adapter- It must be a charger with a USB tip.

thats the same thing archos uses, gotta be what it is.....
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline SonicSound

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 07:34:05 AM »
Can you easily get to the internal battery for possible replacement in the field?
SD: Schoeps  M222/NT222's & CMC6's - MK 41V's, 21's, 5's, 8's
LD: Microtech Gefell UM900's, Shure KSM44's
V3, 744t

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 07:57:47 AM »
For those of you who havent picked up a CF card yet and your not to anti Ebay yet I've pulled a couple nice prices out of there this week. I scored a new in package SanDisk 4gb x80 card for $175 and a Hitachi 4gb microdrive (out of package but new) for $113.

Brad
So what's better, cf card or microdrive? What about write speeds on cf cards? Is the cheapest one OK? Sandisk Ultra II's and Lexar Pro's are over 400. I found a Seagate 5gb cf for 249. http://www.memorysuppliers.com/se5gbst1mico.html.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 08:13:44 AM »

Brad
So what's better, cf card or microdrive? What about write speeds on cf cards? Is the cheapest one OK? Sandisk Ultra II's and Lexar Pro's are over 400. I found a Seagate 5gb cf for 249. http://www.memorysuppliers.com/se5gbst1mico.html.

Compact Flash cards are much better than microdrives.  The whole reason I'm buying the microtrack is to move to solid state media where there are virtually no heat or vibration issues that exist with hard disc recorders.  Using a microdrive in the Microtrack would bring up all of those issues.

The Seagate card you linked to is a microdrive, btw (at least, the pictured item is).
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Steelcorner27

• Taperssection Regular
  • Audix ADX20-D, DPA 4061, Audix M1290
    • Steelcorner27 Trading Page
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 08:24:29 AM »

Brad

Compact Flash cards are much better than microdrives.  The whole reason I'm buying the microtrack is to move to solid state media where there are virtually no heat or vibration issues that exist with hard disc recorders.  Using a microdrive in the Microtrack would bring up all of those issues.

The Seagate card you linked to is a microdrive, btw (at least, the pictured item is).

Ya go CF card all the way i only bought the microdrive as a backup and it was cheep infact I saw a 6gb micodrive go for $169 on ebay last night.

Brad

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 08:31:36 AM »

Brad

I see that now. 5gbmd. Oh well. So what type of cf card? Does it have to be the 2 I mention above? The 400+ dollar ones. Or one of the cheaper ones. Thanks.

Offline jmerin

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2005, 08:58:02 AM »
the only question that i have is, what happpends after 2 gigs, does it create a new file, if not the you are fucked. wavelab can't open more than 2 gigs

jon
Mics: Schoeps MK4's | Schoeps MK41's | Schoeps Mk21's
Pre-Amps: Schoeps VMS02ib | Nbox Platinum KCY
Cables: KCY 250/5 Ig (2)
Recorders: Sony M10  | Tascam 70D l Edirol R-44

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 09:00:45 AM »
the only question that i have is, what happpends after 2 gigs, does it create a new file, if not the you are fucked. wavelab can't open more than 2 gigs

jon

according to the way it reads so far you have to stop and start a new file every time you hit the 2 Gb barrier.  They stated to someone that they would be working on a firmware upgrade to potentially fix that, but definitely not out of the box

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 09:02:08 AM »
What is the L/M/H button on the side?

Low/Medium/High Gain

Can you easily get to the internal battery for possible replacement in the field?

There is no easy way to replace the battery in the field.  There are no screws on the back panel, just solid plastic.  As mentioned earlier, the usb port is the way to power for extended use.

The knob next to the cf/micro drive slot is the "joy stick" if you will, that toggles through the menu option.

It weighs about as much as a cell phone, maybe less.

jon

CD Wave opens files larger than 2gb for me... 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 09:03:57 AM by wboswell »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com