Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**  (Read 83107 times)

Offline MattinSTL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: M-Audio MicroTracker details **PART IV**
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2005, 10:11:02 AM »
Wow... that's some amazing sh*t. Suddenly I'm not so excited about my 4 GB card. ;D

I wish somebody would get so much performance packed into a freakin' battery! Storage and speed technology just keeps breakin' through the roof and yet batteries... which makes it all possible... move at about a 10th the rate of progress. ::)
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2005, 10:13:02 AM »
But I hope it provides some motivation for people to think about running backup devices, if possible for a while. I hate losing good pulls.

Already planned to keep running a DAT copy till I am confident of the MT, makes sense to me  8)
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »
I think I'll always run a JB3 back-up in open situations. That's what I do know when taping with a lappie.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »
yeah i'm definitely going to be running jb3 (and maybe even dat for the important shows) as backup until i'm comfortable with this thing.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2005, 10:28:06 AM »
As soon as I get the MicroTrack my JB3 will be gone.  I don't really have the option of running backup so I hope it works great out of the box. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2005, 10:30:18 AM »
yeah i'm definitely going to be running jb3 (and maybe even dat for the important shows) as backup until i'm comfortable with this thing.

It will be interesting to hear the difference between the two when doing this, since I don't think the MT allows the digital signal to be different than the device (if recording at 16-bit, 16-bit is the digital output, if recording at 24-bit, 24-bit is the digital output). If this is the case, then there might be quite a bit of difference between the two sources when recording at 24-bit.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline MattinSTL

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2005, 10:53:10 AM »
As soon as I get the MicroTrack my JB3 will be gone.  I don't really have the option of running backup so I hope it works great out of the box. ;)

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one throwing all my eggs into one basket.

All this talk about backup recorders and I'm thinking, "hmm... maybe I shouldn't have sold all my minidisc recorders two seconds after I saw this thing..." :P
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2005, 10:57:59 AM »
All this talk about backup recorders and I'm thinking, "hmm... maybe I shouldn't have sold all my minidisc recorders two seconds after I saw this thing..." :P

No, that was a good move. ;)
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2005, 11:07:55 AM »

Yup! The laptop is going to be staying home.  ;D
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2005, 11:39:45 AM »
What pre can run a 16bit signal to dat and a 24bit to MT, both in 48? I know my V3 won't do that. I'd like to run either a JB3 or dat backup all the time, not just in the begining.

Offline gewwang

« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2005, 11:44:26 AM »
I'm going to use the R1 as a backup until I see how the a/d's compare - nothing like having 2 24-bit recorders roughly the size of 2 d100's :)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2005, 11:44:43 AM »
What pre can run a 16bit signal to dat and a 24bit to MT, both in 48? I know my V3 won't do that. I'd like to run either a JB3 or dat backup all the time, not just in the begining.

I believe the ad2k+ does

Offline John R

• www.tapers.org
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2005, 11:44:53 AM »

ad2k?
we all live downstream.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2005, 11:44:59 AM »
The UA-5 will allow for an analog signal to be taken out via RCA. It's not a digi signal, but at least you'll have a copy of the show at the end.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2005, 11:47:27 AM »

all you'd have to do is split the signal coming out of the preamp.  in this testing scenario, the 24bit and 16bit a/d conversions would be handled by the microtracker and jb3, respectively... or a more desirable 24bit and 16bit a/d converter.  but you're right, no device can output both that i know of.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com