Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3  (Read 70985 times)

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Re: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3
« Reply #360 on: May 07, 2006, 03:22:37 AM »
As previously posted, I had held off from installing the 1.3.3 version on a hunch it was trouble, but had a 'good feeling' about 1.4.0 so installed it last night and let the deck run at 24 bit/88.2K with Sandisk Ultra II 8 GIG card with 1/4" analog input set at "L" line input using Sonic Studios external PA-24XP preamplifier + HRTF 2-channel baffled mic.  Deck was being externally powered by Sonic Studios BD-MT D cell power sled, connected AFTER the deck booted up, but I don't know if connected before or after boot matters much.

Intended to let the card fill up and the deck make consecutive files which it did making (4) ~1:02:56 length files, and (1) ~00:02:56 short file without problem.  Happened to check the progress just as the first file was reaching the 2 GIG limit and saw the deck close the first file, and start the second very quickly within ~3-4 seconds time. 

To say the least, I am encourgaged so far.  More testing of other aspects is in process.  Other noticed improvements is the navagation toggle is VERY stable with EXACTLY one jump per activation verses the overshoot experienced with 1.2.3 (I do not know if this was already fixed in 1.3.3)

One possible 'hang-up' was after deleting a recorded file with the microtrack, at least5 my deck appears to freeze and not allow further recording, or I just got impatient waiting for some process to finish? The deck flashes deleting the file window very briefly, and then returns to show the VU meter, but nothing else shows on the screen when pushing the REC button.  Looking at the files with navagation showed the deleted files to be gone, but the deck refused to activate further recording of new files!

In any case, I found myself having to shut down the deck (removing external USB power included with this) and reboot to find the files still gone as they should, and the recording process now possible to activate.   

Could be a bug, but more needs be tested more to see if this is a consistent problem, or just my very early morning imagination.

Other quirk was after making some initial short recordings, I reformatted the card to delete the files and start up fresh, which the deck did, and then got a message "the deck is now resetting" which makes the unit turn off completely.  Manual reboot is needed after this, but everything seems to be working OK after that.

So unless I find something really bad about v1.4.0, I'm off to post proven consistent experiences, updating my on-going review of this deck with this latest version.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: Microtrack 24/96 1.3.3
« Reply #361 on: May 07, 2006, 06:31:38 AM »
good to know, thanks for the report

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com