Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)  (Read 102535 times)

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
Re: iriver H1xx Tapers FAQ (beta)
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2006, 05:28:21 PM »
If you can find them: a 40GB single platter disk (MK4009GAL, MK4007GAL), else a 30GB single platter.
Those have a thickness of 5mm.
look here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=810000000007000000010000659800000001/810000000B0C000000010000659C000026BD

Thanks! nothing on ebay at the moment, and in no rush, so Ill keep my eyes open.

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #316 on: September 24, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »
i want to scan for bad sectors on the iriver.  how can i go about doing this?

Connect it to your PC and run Chkdsk (Chkdsk /r   AND/OR  Chkdsk /f   repairs bad sectors I believe).  I have very little experience with this, as I've only had to run chkdsk when I was messing around with a unit that had a bad hard drive.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline Arni99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #317 on: September 25, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
hola amigos  :),
just returned from my first stealth-taping with my iriver h120.
Pearl Jam rocked Vienna tonight and i nailed my recording at 1st take with rockbox 20060923-build with manual gain-control at +20dB with the battery box bass-roll-off at 95Hz and the SP-CMC-8 cardioid mics.
tomorrow i will check if i need to raise the bass-frequencies a little with cool edit pro.
rockbox rules! YEAH!
1.6GB WAV file...3 min transfer to my notebook from the iriver.
buenas noches muchachos!
 ;D
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline aberg

• Team Canada
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »
hola amigos  :),
just returned from my first stealth-taping with my iriver h120.
Pearl Jam rocked Vienna tonight and i nailed my recording at 1st take with rockbox 20060923-build with manual gain-control at +20dB with the battery box bass-roll-off at 95Hz and the SP-CMC-8 cardioid mics.
tomorrow i will check if i need to raise the bass-frequencies a little with cool edit pro.
rockbox rules! YEAH!
1.6GB WAV file...3 min transfer to my notebook from the iriver.
buenas noches muchachos!
 ;D

Awesome dude! Pearl Jam fucking ownz!

Let me know when you get the recording out there, since I'd love to give 'er a listen... going to put it on bt.etree?

Offline Arni99

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2006, 05:24:30 AM »
Awesome dude! Pearl Jam fucking ownz!

Let me know when you get the recording out there, since I'd love to give 'er a listen... going to put it on bt.etree?
i need someone who knows the title of the tracks before i put it on bt.etree....need to register there now....
1st: SONY PCM-M10 + DPA 4060's + DPA MPS 6030 power supply (microdot)
2nd: iPhone 5 + "Rode iXY" microphone/"Zoom IQ5" microphone

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2006, 08:32:05 AM »
Thanks for the info! What worries me is that it froze up when I pressed stop at the end of a recording and gave a I05 error. I think it was a "divide by zero" thing that I saw talk of, so I'm going to get the latest stable build with REP from that martin dude, hopefully that will prevent this problem.

I don't think I've ever had one freeze up while recording.  My H140 did freeze up this morning playing back a large wav file.  I was rewinding a song and when I let go of the joystick, it froze up.  Hit the reset button and everything went back to normal  8)

Same thing happens to me.  Just reset and back to normal, other the build I have on my h140 is rock solid.
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »
Thanks for the info! What worries me is that it froze up when I pressed stop at the end of a recording and gave a I05 error. I think it was a "divide by zero" thing that I saw talk of, so I'm going to get the latest stable build with REP from that martin dude, hopefully that will prevent this problem.

I don't think I've ever had one freeze up while recording.  My H140 did freeze up this morning playing back a large wav file.  I was rewinding a song and when I let go of the joystick, it froze up.  Hit the reset button and everything went back to normal  8)

Same thing happens to me.  Just reset and back to normal, other the build I have on my h140 is rock solid.

mine was doing that for a while until i upgraded to a more recent rep build.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline George

• May the schwartz be with you!
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Unofficial TS thread killer
« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2006, 12:55:44 PM »

mine was doing that for a while until i upgraded to a more recent rep build.

Ok, I'll look into a more recent build...what are you using?
SP-CMC-4s (C, H, SC terminated to mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Countryman B3 (Omni, mini xlr)>Tinybox>Sony M10/Tascam DR-2d
Audix 1200 series cable from Chris Church, pair of Audix M1280 card capsules

Listening: Oppo 980HD>Yamaha RXV667>Rega R1's + Rega RS VOX + Rega R5S's

"Every time I see a group of teenagers gathered around an iphone laughing at some youtube video, I walk up to them, slap the iphone out of their hand, get right up to them nose to nose, and scream at the top of my lungs:

TAKE A LOOK

IT'S IN A BOOK

READING FUCKING RAINBOW."

thierryhenry

« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2006, 01:30:54 AM »
I have a question....

I was taping tonight and after the first act, I went to save..and I got this weird message stating that there was no disk space, and press the stop button to continue..
I went to the ROCKBOX info and it indeed said there was 0 KB free space...I tried to record a few things before the opener and they didn't seem like they saved, ( I mean there was rec_004 in the recordings file, but when I went to play them they say "no file!"

Anyway, I plugged my IRiver in back home and it seems that I have the recording 1 254 MB worth (I am on a different comp and can't test to see if the file actually plays, because there is nothing to play WAV's on..)

My question is, THERE IS NOTHING on this disc ever. It is purely for recording, and after I dump the WAV to my HD, I delete it from the IRiver...Is there something I am missing? Like, some type of weird formatting thing that I have to erase recordings a certain way? This was very odd...

What should I do to proceed? RE-format it, and reinstall ROCKBOX?

Thanks guys.

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2006, 01:49:00 AM »
[530] Why is Rockbox saying my drive is full when it really isn't?
This has happened to a bunch of people.  You delete a bunch of files in windows, but you're getting this damn message in Rockbox saying your disk is full.  The reason for this was best described by Petur in another thread:

'The problem you're seeing is that when deleting files through the usb connection (windows/linux/mac/...), rockbox doesn't know about the freed space.
For speed reasons the disk isn't scanned on bootup, and rockbox thinks the clusters are still occupied. We're still looking for a way to get round this, maybe do a scan in the background or set a flag somewhere when we suspect a scan is needed.

To make rockbox rescan the drive:

go to Menu -> Info ->Rockbox Info and tap the play button (or click the joystick).
You should see a Scanning disk message.'

To play it safe you should probably do this every time you delete a bunch of files via windows.  This problem does not occur if you delete via Rockbox. To delete via Rockbox, via the file browse just select the file or directory you wish to delete, then click and hold the joystick.  A menu will appear.  Select delete, and click the joystick another couple of times to confirm.   This can come in very handy when you're on the road and realise you don't have enough disk space to record the gig you've just set up for. Smiley

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #325 on: October 01, 2006, 11:10:03 AM »
Want to add that RockBox looks at (and uses/updates) the free space field of the FAT table, but some os'ses on pc don't update this.

It doesn't happen always. For example, I've never seen the issue on my w2k system, but people do report it from time to time. Maybe it's got to do with how recycle bin is configured (I have it disabled for my iriver).

thierryhenry

« Reply #326 on: October 01, 2006, 12:06:06 PM »
Thanks alot guys, I tried to do the INFO > Rockbox, and press play, it still says I have 18.6 GB used and 0 KB free space...

I think when I get home I will transfer the rec_0001 I have on there now, and then maybe reformat it. Because it still is saying that there is no free space...

Thanks for your info..

Offline whatboutbob

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2006, 06:16:20 PM »
thom: did you see the 'disk scanning' message pop up when you pressed play?  depending on which rockbox version you're using you may have to click the joystick in.  Also, as petur mentioned, have you tried clearing your recycling bin?  I would

petur: So I can add it to the faq, could you pls jog my memory as to how you disable recycling bin (it has been a while since I've had to do it)?

thierryhenry

« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2006, 09:42:51 PM »
Yes I did that, it didn't update.

I went to "Disk Cleanup," and behold I had 18.5 GB of stuff in the Recycle Bin. I wish I would have known this before the show, but you live and you learn, won't happen again, thanks for your guys help! +T

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #329 on: October 01, 2006, 10:20:29 PM »
Yes I did that, it didn't update.

I went to "Disk Cleanup," and behold I had 18.5 GB of stuff in the Recycle Bin. I wish I would have known this before the show, but you live and you learn, won't happen again, thanks for your guys help! +T

+T for the hard lesson learned.

FWIW, I have always deleted files on the iriver using Windows > then immediately emptying the recycle bin on my computer. Never had a problem with the iriver showing proper free space (knock on wood).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.178 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com