Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 110402 times)

Offline Ruari

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2006, 04:59:30 PM »

After 30 years I can actually tape bagpipes and it have it sound pretty good, like the real thing.  I'm chuffed.

where's the torrent, y0   8)

Torrent???

Offline Ruari

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2006, 05:03:53 PM »
After 30 years I can actually tape bagpipes and it have it sound pretty good, like the real thing.  I'm chuffed.
MP3 or WAV?

So far, I've only tried CD quality WAV 16 bit, 44.1 Khz

Offline Ruari

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »

Richard the noise that you are hearing from the AT822, is unfirtunately my computers fan noise, as I have 3 fans in my case that was running at the time.
Also, unfortunately the mic was in a slightly differnt position for the recording using my Promix 3 mixer.  I realized afterward that the mic was slightly off center to  he right of the woofer.  This might be the reason for the slightly better less bassy recording.

vegas06, THANKS a lot for clearing that up. I was beginning to question my current pre-order for the R-09, and wondering if I should perhaps cancel it. Now I'm feeling a lot more confident about the purchase, and if nothing else, I want to try it out and see how I like it.

PHEW!  Me too, I had just ordered an AT822 for my R-09, glad to hear some of that noise was external.  But I do like the Promix 3 sound.
Also, do I hear you typing on your keyboard in the first R-09 sound sample?  ;D

Offline vegas06

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2006, 05:08:50 PM »
vegas06, THANKS a lot for clearing that up. I was beginning to question my current pre-order for the R-09, and wondering if I should perhaps cancel it. Now I'm feeling a lot more confident about the purchase, and if nothing else, I want to try it out and see how I like it.

Also, do I hear you typing on your keyboard in the first R-09 sound sample?  ;D

He he, yep I realized that as well  ;D.  Actually if you listen real close, I am typing in the first two samples (AT822 and Internal mic).
I believe that my typing was picked up more in the internal mic test.

Offline Ruari

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »
FYI- I bought an ordinary plain old SanDisk 2 Gb card for my R-09, and it works well.  You don't need a high-speed card such as those required for photography (eg. Ultra II).

Offline Studiodawg

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2006, 10:32:54 AM »
I spoke with Roland and they told me the high speed cards write in "bursts" and that is why they are bad for audio. Audio needs steady stream of data...like the "slower" cards employ. I received my R-09 Thursday and have been carrying it with me. I have recorded ~20 miscellaneous things and when I went to transfer to PC, the poop hit the fan...the PC recognized the R-09, but didn't see any files...I reformatted the SD assuming that it would lose all those recordings, but when it was done formatting...much to my surprise... the recordings were available and recognized by the PC...and the played fine, so this is a heads up to other R-09 users that you too could run into the "Initial Data Transfer Bug"...
Studiodawg

Offline joekar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2006, 07:38:22 PM »
It came today.....Here are a few pics....I had a Marware ipod case laying around...fits good.....The R-09 is very NICE.....easy to use.....sounds great......I'm burning some bits (TV) right now to check it out....So far, so good......
Roman Moroni: I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy corksuckers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2006, 10:33:53 AM »
i did an audience master with it for the first time last night -- beautiful.  i'll likely track it and archive.org it shortly.  will post link when ready...

(for clarity, i've run it a few times already, just always patched out of the r4.  last night, it flew solo...)

Offline vegas06

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2006, 11:22:49 AM »
i did an audience master with it for the first time last night -- beautiful.  i'll likely track it and archive.org it shortly.  will post link when ready...

(for clarity, i've run it a few times already, just always patched out of the r4.  last night, it flew solo...)
Did you use the built in or external mic?

Offline Jofa

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2006, 11:43:33 AM »

Looking forward to hear your recording as I've just ordered the R09 myself yesterday  :-)

/ R.
Mics: DPA 4061's, 2xSony ECM-101, Audix 1290 capsules, Beyerdynamic CK930's, Countryman B3's
BBs: 2x custom made bb's
Pres: Tinybox V1.5,  Church Audio ST-9100, PIPsqueak
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-09, Sony TCD-D8, Sony TCD-D3, Sony MZ-R50, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-M10

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2006, 12:16:46 PM »

Did you use the built in or external mic?

schoeps mk4v > vms02ib > edirol r09

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2006, 01:03:08 PM »
I have been trying to catch up on the R-09, but this thread is way to long.

What I have figured out, I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Can only have a 2 gb card. (Don't have to worry about the 2gb limit, you have to switch out the whole card)

No digital in ?

Can only record at 24/48- analog only

Is this right?

If so how can this be better then a Microtrack as a bit bucket?
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2006, 01:05:49 PM »
Can only have a 2 gb card. (Don't have to worry about the 2gb limit, you have to switch out the whole card)

I believe some are having success formatting a 4GB card on another device and using it in the R9.  I don't think this is supported officially at the moment, though.

No digital in ?

Correct.

Can only record at 24/48- analog only

Correct.

If so how can this be better then a Microtrack as a bit bucket?

It isn't.  It's better as an analog-in recorder.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2006, 01:09:19 PM »
Thank you.

Saved me 6 of 12 pages.

+T

Seems like a step backwards.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 01:10:52 PM by coloartist »
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
Seems like a step backwards.

If all you're looking for is a bit bucket, it's obviously not a good fit.  But for those in the market for an analog-in recorder, it seems (so far, brand new after all) it's a big step forward over the R1 and other options.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com