Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 release information  (Read 109079 times)

Offline jtharris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Edirol R-09 release information
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2006, 10:47:31 PM »
Thanks Eskin. I thought there might be, but didn't see one on first glance. And also thanks for the recommendation on the Body Glove case. It fits perfect, protects the unit, has a belt clip, and most amazingly I can still easily access almost all controls through the case. I cut a 1/8 x 1/4 inch notch in the elastic on the headphone side and now I can leave phones plugged in while still in the case. Perfect. Potentially you could do the same with the mic/line input.

I have to say. I am absolutely LOVING this unit. My needs are more along the lines of songwriter sketchpad/jam recorder, and this certainly fills the bill. But it does so much more. I'm walking around recording conversations...ambient sounds (got a good jet going overhead)...television (ok...well, maybe a little over zealous). But I haven't had this much fun since I got my $19.99 Panasonic portable cassette for Christmas when I was 10. :)

I had the boot message incorrect before. The occasional message on boot (every third or fourth boot, can't quite figure out why/when)...is "Enjoy Recording". I am.

Offline vegas06

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2006, 03:44:59 PM »
One thing of note, that was reading on the R-09, is that you can't seem to adjust the recording input while the unit is recording, only while it's not recording or in stand by.
I do like this feature on the Microtrack, as I can adjust the recording input up or down to compensate for live recording situations.

Are you able to adjust recording levels while recording, or only in standy by?

Thanks  ;D

Offline aberg

• Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2006, 03:56:48 PM »
I would assume you can adjust on-the-fly.. if not, that makes the unit fairly useless... the R-1 had on the fly adjustments, so I don't see why they'd go backwards.

Offline vegas06

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2006, 04:02:17 PM »
I would assume you can adjust on-the-fly.. if not, that makes the unit fairly useless... the R-1 had on the fly adjustments, so I don't see why they'd go backwards.
I fingured as much, but was reading the manual, and there was no mention of this. 
It only kept restatning that you should put the unit on stand by or pause to adjust the volume.

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2006, 05:20:29 PM »
You can adjust on-the-fly  :)

Offline vegas06

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
You can adjust on-the-fly  :)

Thanks, I just talked to Soundprofessionals.com and found out that was so.
I just put in an order for one, that will hopefully arrive in the next shipment in a couple weeks.

Offline Ziggz

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2006, 09:35:06 PM »
Battery life looking good. Been recording 16/44 wav for 4hrs on 2500mAh Energizer rechargeables, with a SP battery box (line-in) / SP-BMC-9 mics and it's approx 1/4 drained.

Offline SunWizard

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2006, 01:07:22 AM »
Just got my R-09 and Edirol got it right!  The screen it is the sharpest I have seen, great meters and peak light.  Its tiny, very close to the same size as my iRiver H120, and great battery life.  The menus are all logical and easy to navigate.  The plug power to mics is 3.3V according to the manual (not measured.)  I will still probably use a battery box, but will do some testing to compare the sound with and without battery boxes, 2 and 3 wire style.  Sound quality is excellent.

I will soon do a comparison of my C4>UA-5 digital>JB3 (16bit/48k) and C4>UA-5 analog>R09 (24bit/48k) at the same time.  Then try the same source with my AT853>3 wire battery box>R09.  Can't wait to see how the R-09 A/D and pre compares to the UA-5, but with limited testing it sounds very good.
AT853 (CMC-4)>3wire batt.box or SP box >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3
C4 > D-mod UA-5 >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3

Offline pgoelz

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2006, 12:40:45 PM »
Guys,

Thought you might want to know the actual R9 battery drain.  Mine just arrived (and I love it) so I made a couple measurements.  Not the easiest thing to do given how the batteries connect.....

Anyway, I get about 210mA idle and about 245mA in playback or record (internal mics, MP3, 192K).  All figures are with the display at brightness 5.  I was not able to observe it dimmed because with my meter in the circuit the voltage dropped enough to trigger the low battery warning and that prevented screen dimming. 

Not sure why you guys aren't getting closer to 10 hours on 2500 mAH cells.  Maybe they don't deliver rated capacity at 1/10C? 

Paul
Paul Goelz
Rochester Hills, MI USA
Music, model helis and astronomy website:
www.pgoelz.com

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2006, 12:49:13 PM »
Going to buy this locally for $575 as I've calculated that buying from the US would only save me around $20 when considering shipping and customs (+25%). Plus the security of if something should happen I can fix it here instead of shipping it around half the globe. No way to avoid customs as neither SP or Cascade want to mark the value down, and I understand them well. If it gets lost in the mail with the value marked down I will not be refunded the $400.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 12:52:58 PM by ballerusk »
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2006, 01:05:02 PM »

Here is a link to one vendor and also a link to a thread on my website about my experiences with the Transcend 4gb chip. In summary, they have a utility which should allow you to access the full area of the media. I don't know if PQI has this. It seems reasonable that if there was some issue addressing more than 2gb that each vendor may have a workaround for it.

http://live2496.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecdm/shop/detail~dpno~601848.asp

Gordon

P.S. More on this
The utility is just for fixing the media back to it's factory settings so that you can address the entire space.

hi gordon.

i bought one of these transcend 4gb sd cards, and i'd love to have that sdfixcapacity.exe tool at my disposal.  the link is dead on your BBS.  do you have a copy you could email me, perhaps?

sleepypedro at gmail dot com

thanks in advance, i sure hope you can help me out.  transcendusa techs didn't know what i was talking about!

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2006, 01:13:32 PM »
has anyone compaired this to the microtrack?
side by side, not just online

seems to me the microtrack is better overall because you can do dig in, and 24/96 vs 48

if anyone knows could you post why the 09 would be better
thanks
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline sleepypedro

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2006, 02:40:19 PM »

seems to me the microtrack is better overall because you can do dig in, and 24/96 vs 48

until an edirol unit explodes in a user's hand, to me the score shall remain Edirol 1, M-Audio 0.   8)

Offline gewwang

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2006, 02:46:46 PM »

until an edirol unit explodes in a user's hand, to me the score shall remain Edirol 1, M-Audio 0.   8)

And given how close to our most important organ many of us run these, I'd say this is of utmost importance.

Offline Myran

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2006, 03:51:01 PM »

Here is a link to one vendor and also a link to a thread on my website about my experiences with the Transcend 4gb chip. In summary, they have a utility which should allow you to access the full area of the media. I don't know if PQI has this. It seems reasonable that if there was some issue addressing more than 2gb that each vendor may have a workaround for it.

http://live2496.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=30
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecdm/shop/detail~dpno~601848.asp

Gordon

P.S. More on this
The utility is just for fixing the media back to it's factory settings so that you can address the entire space.

hi gordon.

i bought one of these transcend 4gb sd cards, and i'd love to have that sdfixcapacity.exe tool at my disposal.  the link is dead on your BBS.  do you have a copy you could email me, perhaps?

sleepypedro at gmail dot com

thanks in advance, i sure hope you can help me out.  transcendusa techs didn't know what i was talking about!

I think it's this gordon is talking about (at the bottom)

http://www.transcendusa.com/Support/DLCenter/index.asp?axn=SRH2&ModNo=87&ItemID=TS4GSD150#5

Do you have the r-09 and a transcend 4 gb card? Please let me know if it work so i can buy one! :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com