Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-09 Release Information -ptII  (Read 104988 times)

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings
Re: Edirol R-09 Release Information -ptII
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2006, 01:52:55 PM »

an FYI for those considering the transcend 4GB card like myself.  looks like the rebate offer at newegg.com expires this saturday 7/22 in case you want to order one. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820163159

I think it dropped another $1 too... These things are falling fast. I'm pretty sure. I'm going to pick up a 2GB for openers
Retired Taper

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
I believe the manual mentions, it provides a max of 3.3 VDC.

For the people asking a few days ago about phantom, just found in the knowledge base:

Note: The R-09 provides 5V of phantom power.

Offline tapeworm48

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm running a dojo of coolness...
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2006, 01:58:05 PM »
I downloaded it last night but didn't get it working so I will try again this afternoon while I'm sitting at the Cedar Rapids and/or Chicago OHare airports waiting for my delayed flights home. Thanks in advance for your help.

hah!  the weather in chicago (burbs) is rain and thunder right now so dont be surprised w/ delays.  my flight back from san fran yesterday included a 3hr delay and an unexpected landing/refueling in indianapolis....

A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... We F**ked Up."

Schoeps MK4s / AT831s / DPA4061s
Nbox / Tinybox v1.5 / SPSB-11 / CSbox
M10 / R09 / D100

07/19 Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field
08/01 QOTSA @ Metro
08/02 Lollapalooza (NIN / QOTSA / Thievery / Band of Horses)
08/15 QOTSA @ Red Rocks
09/23 Arctic Monkeys @ Riviera Theater
10/18 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/19 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/21 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
10/22 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
11/15 NIN @ Hard Rock
11/16 NIN @ Hard Rock
12/06 Pearl Jam @ Key Arena

Offline gewwang

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2006, 02:06:28 PM »
I downloaded it last night but didn't get it working so I will try again this afternoon while I'm sitting at the Cedar Rapids and/or Chicago OHare airports waiting for my delayed flights home. Thanks in advance for your help.

hah!  the weather in chicago (burbs) is rain and thunder right now so dont be surprised w/ delays.  my flight back from san fran yesterday included a 3hr delay and an unexpected landing/refueling in indianapolis....

We had tornado watches here between 11pm-7am last night. I had no clue as I was driving back from a show in Moline last night in the middle of it.

Offline SunWizard

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »
I believe the manual mentions, it provides a max of 3.3 VDC.

For the people asking a few days ago about phantom, just found in the knowledge base:

Note: The R-09 provides 5V of phantom power.

I think the 3.3v in the manual is more accurate.  I measured my R-09 at 2.5v which probably varies with battery % charge.
AT853 (CMC-4)>3wire batt.box or SP box >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3
C4 > D-mod UA-5 >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2006, 05:26:20 PM »
gewwang, sorry to hear about your reset issues.  My R-09 keeps the 24-bit setting through overnight battery recharge cycles without power.  At least it has the one time I left it without batts.  ;)

I'll confirm that I also get a no card message for a second or two when booting up before I hit record with the Trancend card, doesn't seem to be a problem though.

Matched 4060's and MMA6000 arrived from Cascademedia this morning.  ;D Yeah!  I knew they were, but man are those things tiny!  Psyched to try 'em for a local show of a good little instumental organ trio in a great sounding venue tonight.  I'm on the road for the next two weeks and may not check in. 'till then, good sounds you you all!  8)

Ciao!
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline tapeworm48

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm running a dojo of coolness...
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:01 PM »
i had an interesting situation this week where i recorded the opening set, and then powered everything off during set changes.  when i powered back on, the display read "card error" and "SD unformatted", and then the standby display read "no card." (instead of "no song" when you have a blank card) .  i was pissed b/c i thought i would have to format the card, i headed down thatpath, it asked me if i was sure, and i said no.  powered off the unit.  popped out the SD card, popped it back in, and powered up.  it read the card fine, and my opener file was still on there.  and i started the file for the main band at that point .  FWIW this was w/ a 2G card.

to follow up on this, the card i was using was made by Patriot memory, its a 2G card.  i was able to transfer the show off of the card just fine using the R09 and the USB cable.   dont know if this is on the approved Edirol R-09 list for compatibility.

A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... We F**ked Up."

Schoeps MK4s / AT831s / DPA4061s
Nbox / Tinybox v1.5 / SPSB-11 / CSbox
M10 / R09 / D100

07/19 Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field
08/01 QOTSA @ Metro
08/02 Lollapalooza (NIN / QOTSA / Thievery / Band of Horses)
08/15 QOTSA @ Red Rocks
09/23 Arctic Monkeys @ Riviera Theater
10/18 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/19 Pearl Jam @ Barclays
10/21 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
10/22 Pearl Jam @ Wells Fargo Center
11/15 NIN @ Hard Rock
11/16 NIN @ Hard Rock
12/06 Pearl Jam @ Key Arena

Offline leehookem

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Texas Tapers
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2006, 03:57:52 AM »
I got mine today. WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!  and at a damn good price.  the learning curve on this bad boy is about two minutes. 
www.texastapers.org

AKG c480b ck61/ck63 > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
AKG ck61/63 > NBob Actives > Naiant PFA > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
Audiophile 2496 > Mytek Stereo96 DAC > Sony MDR-7506
Dual 1229 > Marantz 2270 > Kimber Kables > Cerwin Vega VS120

Canon Rebel XSi, EF 50 mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

Offline vittregn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2006, 04:17:15 AM »
If anyone can help me fix this 0 length file thing using audiohack or any audio application (wavelab, sf, cep, etc.) please help.

George:  I've used audiohack several times with success. It's pretty straightforward to use... copy the WAV file to your HDD.

Then, you start up audiohack > drag & drop the WAV file onto the audiohack window > enter the destination\filename, and audiohack will write two WAV files (the 2nd WAV file is the "keeper," and I'm not sure what the 1st WAV file's purpose is).

If the file won't copy from the R-09 to your HDD to begin with, then simply start up audiohack (with the R-09 hooked up via USB) and drag & drop the WAV file from the 'removable drive' (R-09) onto the audiohack command prompt window.

Do you have audiohack? If not, it's available here: http://www.shoptheozarks.com/GGM/audiohck.zip

Good luck.  ;)

I also downloaded audiohack but couldn't get it to work. Could you please elaborate a bit further on how to perform this manoeuvre. Thanks!

Offline tapeheadtoo

• Taperssection Member
    • My Dime stuff
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »
I got mine today. WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!  and at a damn good price.  the learning curve on this bad boy is about two minutes. 

Hehe... I can vouch for that.  I took mine fresh out of the box, had only about 30 minutes to play with it before rushing out to record my first gig.  The manual is nice but ya don't even need it....
Mics: Schoeps MK4, DPA 4061, AT953, Shure MV88
Preamps/BB: Nbox, tinybox, ST-9100, CA-UGLY, SP-SPSB-10
Recorders: In use--Teenage Engineering TX6, Tascam DR-2d, Sony PCM-A10, Zoom L-20R; collecting dust--Sony M10, Ediirol R-09, Zoom H4n, Zoom H6, Cymatic LR16
Video: In use--Panasonic VX981, Panasonic ZS100, GoPro Hero 10/11; collecting dust--Sony HDR-CX520V, Sony HX9V, Panasonic ZS3/ZS7

Offline Sverre

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »
I bought one of these yesterday, and so far, I'm very impressed. I've only used it to capture a radio broadcast (line in from digital satellite receiver) though, but it did the job without a hitch, except that I might have been a bit too hot on the input levels :P

Offline gewwang

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2006, 04:52:32 PM »
If anyone can help me fix this 0 length file thing using audiohack or any audio application (wavelab, sf, cep, etc.) please help.

George:  I've used audiohack several times with success. It's pretty straightforward to use... copy the WAV file to your HDD.

Then, you start up audiohack > drag & drop the WAV file onto the audiohack window > enter the destination\filename, and audiohack will write two WAV files (the 2nd WAV file is the "keeper," and I'm not sure what the 1st WAV file's purpose is).

If the file won't copy from the R-09 to your HDD to begin with, then simply start up audiohack (with the R-09 hooked up via USB) and drag & drop the WAV file from the 'removable drive' (R-09) onto the audiohack command prompt window.

Do you have audiohack? If not, it's available here: http://www.shoptheozarks.com/GGM/audiohck.zip

Good luck.  ;)

Success recovering my file! Thanks to live2496 and Tom Roach for forwarding me some links on using Ultraedit and audiohack.

I am not 100% sure this is what did it, but the steps were:

- open a good file created on the r-09 and the bad file that you're trying to recover in ultraedit
- edit the first 44 bytes of the bad file to look just like the first 44 bytes of the good file
- save the bad file
- open the bad file with wavelab using options:
           sample format=24 bit
           sample rate = 48000Hz
           channels=stereo
           byte order=little endian
           header size=0
           end size=0
           offset = +1
- save this off and it was fixed

Offline wjgrover

• Taperssection Newbie
Edirol R-09 Creating a hole on the r-09 battery cover?
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »
hi,

thanks to all posters for the useful comments on the R-09. i'm thinking i'll pick one up. would any of you owners care to conjecture if with the right small tools one could cut out an opening on the battery cover to allow access to the usb prot without opening the cover?

just a hypothetical question...

regards,

will

Offline SunWizard

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Edirol R-09 Creating a hole on the r-09 battery cover?
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2006, 03:29:43 PM »
thanks to all posters for the useful comments on the R-09. i'm thinking i'll pick one up. would any of you owners care to conjecture if with the right small tools one could cut out an opening on the battery cover to allow access to the usb prot without opening the cover?

Yes I checked mine and you could cut a hole there. Its real easy to slide the door to get to the USB so I wouldn't cut it since the door provides some extra protection, especially against getting dirt and stuff into the SD card slot.  Plus you probably void the warranty so you might want to wait until that runs out.
AT853 (CMC-4)>3wire batt.box or SP box >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3
C4 > D-mod UA-5 >Edirol R-09 or iRiver H120 or JB3

Offline leehookem

• Trade Count: (3)
    • Texas Tapers
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
R09 vs AKG 481 > Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
James Speer Band
"View"

the 481s were DFC clamped at 10'
the R09 was on the drink rail 2' ROC at 4'

track 1 R09  http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktdmci
track 2 AKG 481 > Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671 http://www.sendspace.com/file/4vsqmx
www.texastapers.org

AKG c480b ck61/ck63 > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
AKG ck61/63 > NBob Actives > Naiant PFA > Tascam DR-70D
Oade ACM Marantz PMD-671
Audiophile 2496 > Mytek Stereo96 DAC > Sony MDR-7506
Dual 1229 > Marantz 2270 > Kimber Kables > Cerwin Vega VS120

Canon Rebel XSi, EF 50 mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com