Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released  (Read 20209 times)

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
Re: Microtrack 24/96 Firmware 1.4.3 released
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 06:48:56 PM »
Pretty much all the problems I've had have been my own fault.  Although with 1.4.3 Cliff (dallman) and I have had the same thing happen where after formating the CF card in the MT the files are still there.  This caused me to miss the last 20 seconds of the 8-29 Mule set.  Also with 1.4.3 the MT periodically tells me there is no media found when I have my Kingston 2GB CF card in it. 

These may be user error but I've been using my MT since October 2005 and haven't seen either problem before 1.4.3.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

Offline danlynch

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • nyctaper
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2006, 01:14:10 PM »
I recorded Gov't Mule at 16/44.1 with no problems.
I recorded Roger Waters on Tuesday, this time at 24/48, swapped flash cards at set break and used the macally external battery for the second set.  Again, no problems whatsoever.  Auto-sampling was fine for both sets, the external battery worked perfectly, and the recordings are the best I've ever done.
If anyone is interested in hearing the Waters recording, I will post a link or PM one to you.
Founder and Host of NYCTaper:  http://www.nyctaper.com

Microphones:  Schoeps CCM4Us, Sennheiser MKH-8040s, Neumann KM-150s, Neumann TLM-102s, DPA 4061s
Recorders:  Sound Devices 744t, Edirol R-44 (Oade Concert Mod), Edirol R-05
Pre-Amps, D/A's:  Apogee Mini-Me

My Recordings on Archive.org: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/danlynch

Offline symoka01

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2006, 06:42:55 PM »
Can anyone give me help?
1) I just bought a Ridata CF 4 gig card, dropped the 1.4.3 files into it, and formatted my card.
        Now when I try and record (in 24/48...havent tested on others), I get a "Media is Full" message...
        Despite this, if I hit record again quickly, it will begin recording.

2) I tried to tape Tool on saturday and began recording despite "Media is Full" message and recorded for just over 1 1/2 hours.
        However, at this time (with about 15 mins left of the show) my Microtrack FROZE...
               The screen was locked
               None of the buttons changed the screen or did anything
               It still allowed me to power down the MT, which I did.  Upon restarting, I began a new track for the last 15 mins and everything worked with that track....
               HOWEVER - The original 1 1/2 I taped was an empty file!! I lost the first 1 1/2 completely!!!
                       The file was still registered in the MT but there was nothing on it at all! it merely would skip to the next track I started after restarting the MT!

I am going to attempt to tape tool again tomorrow...Can anyone please help me so that I may avoid this horrible problem again?
In case you are wondering, I DID have my hold button on, so there is no way that I can conceive of that would have been a user fault...

Please let me know tonight (monday) if possible :)

thanks,
Karl

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2006, 07:09:03 PM »
Can anyone give me help?
1) I just bought a Ridata CF 4 gig card, dropped the 1.4.3 files into it, and formatted my card.
        Now when I try and record (in 24/48...havent tested on others), I get a "Media is Full" message...

thanks,
Karl

Hello - Are you sure that you have the 1.4.3 firmware upgrade installed? Something sounds fishy here.   Do you have a MAC or a PC?

These are the instructions for upgrading the firmware on a PC:

Please note: In order to avoid unnecessary technical problems, please read the README file that is included with the driver download before installation.

In order to provide you with the fastest download time, the driver file you are downloading is a self-extracting executable. When the download is complete, you may need to extract the driver files.
Micro Track 2496

Version: 1.4.3

Release Date: August 1, 2006

Applies to:
MicroTrack 24/96

Operating System(s):
Windows 2000, Windows XP

Release Notes:
Installation Instructions:

1) Connect the MicroTrack 24/96 to your Mac or PC (Please refer to your manual for details on this procedure).

2) Copy the three files from this update, "PP5020.mi4", "BL_MPR.rom" and "Resources.arl," onto a properly formatted Compact Flash card to the root (top) directory of your MicroTrack 24/96 (Do not put them in a folder).

3) Properly unmount the MicroTrack 24/96 from the computer (Again, please refer to your manual for complete instructions).

4) On the MicroTrack 24/96, navigate to Main Menu > System > Firmware Update and press the NAV button.

5) You will be asked to verify this action. Press the NAV button again to begin the firmware update. The MicroTrack will show a few messages on the screen while the update is in progress. The four LEDs around the level controls will flash sequentially during the update. When the firmware update is complete, the MicroTrack will automatically reboot. To verify the firmware update was executed, go to Main Menu > System > Version. If the firmware update was successful, it should now show firmware 1.4.3 and Bootloader 1.02
I hope that this helps...

David

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:17:01 PM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline gmm6797

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Schoeps MK4 > nBoxPlat > Sony A10/SDMixPre6/SD 722
    • Homepage
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2006, 08:08:20 PM »
I have had no problems formatting any 4gb or 8gb cards I have had... I did have a freeze problem, but that was on the previous firmware, nothing on 1.4.3 with freexing (yet  ;D)

Offline guysonic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2006, 11:59:36 PM »
Just to make sure, suggest using the ORIGINAL 64 Mb CF memory card for upgrading the firmware.  If you have never used this card, it is likely already properly formated for the microtrack, so just load the new firmware files into it.  After loading the firmware upgrade onto this small capacity card, follow the procedure for updating. 

As suggested, check your SYSTEM for proper boot loader and firmware version and then reformat ALL your other flash cards inside the microtrack using the deck's format feature.

This should fix the problem and make the deck reliable unless there's something wrong with the flash card (more likely), or the deck itself (less likely)
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2006, 11:59:47 AM »
Can anyone give me help?

2) I tried to tape Tool on saturday and began recording despite "Media is Full" message and recorded for just over 1 1/2 hours.
        However, at this time (with about 15 mins left of the show) my Microtrack FROZE...
               The screen was locked
               None of the buttons changed the screen or did anything
               It still allowed me to power down the MT, which I did.  Upon restarting, I began a new track for the last 15 mins and everything worked with that track....
               HOWEVER - The original 1 1/2 I taped was an empty file!! I lost the first 1 1/2 completely!!!
                       The file was still registered in the MT but there was nothing on it at all! it merely would skip to the next track I started after restarting the MT!

I am going to attempt to tape tool again tomorrow...Can anyone please help me so that I may avoid this horrible problem again?
In case you are wondering, I DID have my hold button on, so there is no way that I can conceive of that would have been a user fault...

thanks,
Karl

I have this exact problem with my new Transcend 120x 4gb card. It says "media is full" . I hit record again and it works fine. It has fucked up and given me a zero byte file once also.

I am using 1.4.3. - My Kingston works fine.
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2006, 12:34:41 PM »

I have this exact problem with my new Transcend 120x 4gb card. It says "media is full" . I hit record again and it works fine. It has fucked up and given me a zero byte file once also.

I am using 1.4.3. - My Kingston works fine.

Does this happen even right after formatting or only when the card has had files written and erased from it repeatedly?  I had this kind of problem early on but it went away a couple of firmware versions ago and was only happening when I deleted files from the media (it was like it wouldn't free up the space correctly).

J.T.

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2006, 03:48:19 PM »
1) I just bought a Ridata CF 4 gig card

There is your problem, cheap media.  The MT is fuckin picky.  Kingston all the way.
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2006, 05:03:35 PM »
1) I just bought a Ridata CF 4 gig card

There is your problem, cheap media.  The MT is fuckin picky.  Kingston all the way.

More likely the flash is using burst mode to give faster (120x) speeds, but audio decks DO NOT USE BURST mode, and MT deck seems most sensitive to cards using these tactics.  Most reliable operation is from 'slower' rated cards (45-80x) that give steady speed for streaming audio recording. 

See review for suggestions on working flash for audio purposes at: www.sonicstudios.com/mt2496rv.htn
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 05:08:13 PM by guysonic »
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »
Just to make sure, suggest using the ORIGINAL 64 Mb CF memory card for upgrading the firmware.  If you have never used this card, it is likely already properly formated for the microtrack, so just load the new firmware files into it.  After loading the firmware upgrade onto this small capacity card, follow the procedure for updating. 
As suggested, check your SYSTEM for proper boot loader and firmware version and then reformat ALL your other flash cards inside the microtrack using the deck's format feature.
This should fix the problem and make the deck reliable unless there's something wrong with the flash card (more likely), or the deck itself (less likely)

Not to sound dumb, but why use the original card?  You can format any card in the PC or the device and have the same results.

I use my Delkin 8gb card for flashing, and have no problems with 3 (or more) flashs.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2006, 10:19:45 PM »
I am going to be developing some new electronics for the MICROTRACK, what item do you guys want the most?

Thanks

Chris Church
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2006, 09:38:39 AM »
I am going to be developing some new electronics for the MICROTRACK, what item do you guys want the most?

Thanks

Chris Church

1)  Seamless 2GB autosplit

2)  A dB VU scale
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline coloartist

• Trade Count: (13)
  • MGoldey -"you can shove those mics up your ass
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2006, 02:03:26 AM »

Thanks

Chris Church

1)  Seamless 2GB autosplit
2)  Seamless 2GB autosplit
3)  Seamless 2GB autosplit
mk4>Kwon/din a/din>kc5>cmc6>kindkables XLR>788T
mk22>Kwon/NOS>kc5>cmc6>kindkablesXLR>788t                                                     
Canon XH-A1 Sony AX100                       
Samsung Backlit LED 55">Pioneer Elite SC-27>Snell Acoustics E.5  Series

Offline gmm6797

• Homepage
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2006, 12:49:18 PM »

Better quality 1/8" input path and sound

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com