Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Iriver 120 dropped samples?  (Read 22241 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
Re: Iriver 120 dropped samples?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 07:03:02 PM »
Yeah, I just switched back to the supported version of RockBox on both my iRivers...
I hope they get the REP straightened out...  :(
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline whatboutbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 10:54:54 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason people are using the REP is for the larger peakmeters.

If that's the case, would a better long-term solution perhaps be to politely ask the REP guys what's required to get the larger meters into the daily builds?
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline petur

• Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 03:45:56 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the main reason people are using the REP is for the larger peakmeters.

If that's the case, would a better long-term solution perhaps be to politely ask the REP guys what's required to get the larger meters into the daily builds?

Well if that is the case, I could add the large peakmeters to targets that have enough screenspace (like the irivers). I don't think that part of the REP is causing this issue, but rather the histogram stuff. I'll see what I can do ;) (time is the major problem here)

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 04:10:08 AM »
e

I think this is the MAIN reason for the REP build being so popular.  Most record with analog-in, tho the dropped samples are probably occurring via analog in as well.

Well if that is the case, I could add the large peakmeters to targets that have enough screenspace (like the irivers). I don't think that part of the REP is causing this issue, but rather the histogram stuff. I'll see what I can do ;) (time is the major problem here)

That would be really cool but honestly, I have lived with the thin meters for so long that it isn't a big deal.  I am still using what has been working for me since last summer, daily build: rockbox-h120-20060717.  I won't go to another build until I hear from you guys that it is the build to go to.

Offline Chuck

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 08:18:29 AM »
I also liked the balance meter in the REP build. I never used the histogram.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000

Offline TheMaestro

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 12:18:18 AM »
Hmm, I've been using an older rep build and I haven't had any problems with dropped samples on digi in or analog.  Adding the fatt meters to the daily builds would be a great idea though.
Venue Security: Let me see your identification.
TheMaestro: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Venue Security: We don't need to see his identification.
TheMaestro: This isn't the recording equipment you're looking for.
Venue Security: This isn't the recording equipment we're looking for.
TheMaestro: He can go about his business.
Venue Security: You can go about your business.
TheMaestro: Move along.
Venue Security: Move along... move along.

Offline knoxmallette

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 12:28:55 PM »
I am using Mmmmm's REP from 2006 September 12 and have not had any dropped segments. Recorded from FM and mic in but not digi. I like the screen enhancements of the REP and unless I have issues I don't plan to change.
SP-CMC-2 (AT831s) --> SP-SPSB-1 (with levels & bass roll-off) --> iRiver H320 Rockboxed
SP-CMC-2 --> SP-SPSB-1 --> MZ-M100

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 01:06:19 AM »
I run rep without issue and LOVE the peak meters but could care less about the histogram.
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2007, 07:35:22 AM »
Hello, It's me... ::)

To get this sorted I'm going to have to have some people test out some builds for me as I don't have anything that I can use as an optical-In signal, so I can't reproduce the problems you've all been having. Any volunteers?

Petur: The peak meter height patch scales the peak meters to the screen size (if they are too large) so that whichever target you are using it will never break the screen layout. Even the recorder can have size 2 peakmeters when recording via internal mic!

Offline Chuck

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2007, 09:26:47 AM »
Hello, It's me... ::)

To get this sorted I'm going to have to have some people test out some builds for me as I don't have anything that I can use as an optical-In signal, so I can't reproduce the problems you've all been having. Any volunteers?

Petur: The peak meter height patch scales the peak meters to the screen size (if they are too large) so that whichever target you are using it will never break the screen layout. Even the recorder can have size 2 peakmeters when recording via internal mic!

I would be happy to test.
I have an iHP-120 and a iHP-140. I have not been able to reproduce the warning: 000000001 at home, but I have gotten that error twice while recording in the field.
Both have the Real Time Clock mod, but since I don't know how to patch Rockbox, they are not enabled. I went back to the regular Rockbox build because of problems I was having.

Offline Cheesecadet

• Trade Count: (21)
  • http://db.etree.org/cheesecadet
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2007, 10:41:05 AM »
I should mention that I taped Railroad Earth in Las Vegas a few days ago and my recording came out great.  I did go out and buy a quality optical cable though.  A Monster Cable THX I100FO.  It was like 15 bucks or something.

The only thing is....is that I had already put an oficial build of Rockbox back on my H120.  So I don't know if I got a good recording because of the new, better cable or because of the official build.   :hmmm:

Either way at least I pulled the show...
AKG 481's, DPA 4061's (Matched), AT ES933's w/ AT853-ELE's (SC/C/O), ECM-19B's, MixPre-3, A10, M10 x 2, Hi Ho Silvers, Various Darktrain & GAKables

Vinyl:
Fluance RT83 Reference > MCS 3230 Receiver > Realistic MC-500's (NOS)

Upcoming:
05/04 Harry Mack (?)
05/10 Adam Bodine Quartet
06/07 Bill Frisell Trio
06/08 Common
06/19 Sensational Barnes Brothers
06/20 Adam Bodine Quintet
07/19 Chali 2na & Cut Chemist
07/30 Tomorrows Bad Seeds

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 11:24:02 AM »
Ok, a slightly modified version of the REP in my sig... Needs lots of testing from as many people as possible to find out if I've fixed it or not...

This build includes JSMikes recording debug screen which is activated by toggling the remote lcd on and off while you are recording (Vol - key on remote, press stop to exit the debug screen). I think that on this screen you should see the top bar staying on 0. if it changes there could be a problem... This screen is a bit new to me so cant be certain.
You can obviously still record as normal....

If any errors or dropped samples come up with this build then post here or in the REP thread over at Rockbox.org and I'll try something else

Offline Chuck

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »
Ok, a slightly modified version of the REP in my sig... Needs lots of testing from as many people as possible to find out if I've fixed it or not...

This build includes JSMikes recording debug screen which is activated by toggling the remote lcd on and off while you are recording (Vol - key on remote, press stop to exit the debug screen). I think that on this screen you should see the top bar staying on 0. if it changes there could be a problem... This screen is a bit new to me so cant be certain.
You can obviously still record as normal....

If any errors or dropped samples come up with this build then post here or in the REP thread over at Rockbox.org and I'll try something else

I'm on it. Thanks Mmmm
+T

Offline bugg100

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »
fwiw, I have also gotten the error (warning 00000001 & 00000002) that Chuck speaks of.  (We spoke of it @ misticriver, Chuck.)  I have a 320 using rep via Paulheu's build.  I can find no reference to these errors.  Could these be part of REP?

And thanks very much to Mmmm & Petur for your work in Rockbox!

Joe

Offline Mmmm

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 06:37:10 PM »
I can find no reference to these errors.  Could these be part of REP?

It appears that this is happening uniquely with the REP, so it seems the REP is at fault rather than Rockbox itself.
The errors are due to the overflow of some buffers:

Quote from: JSMikes from rockbox.org
The warnings as defined in pcm_record.h:

/* pcm (dma) buffer has overflowed */
#define PCMREC_W_PCM_BUFFER_OVF         0x00000001
/* encoder output buffer has overflowed */
#define PCMREC_W_ENC_BUFFER_OVF         0x00000002

If you want to help fix it, it'd be great if you could test the build in my sig and see if it still happens... :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com