Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New improved microtrack (MT II)  (Read 137415 times)

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
Re: New improved microtrack
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 12:41:59 PM »
word I just dropped them a line too.
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:08 PM »
i really doubt the company would offer a trade in...it's not like they need to do a recall because the original was faulty...it just didn't have all the features that we as tapers (a pretty small demographic really) wanted.  it would be a nice gesture, but think about it, what would m-audio do with all the 1st gen microtracks?  what use would they be to them?  they're still a pretty decent recording device for amateurs, even some pros who don't need 24-bit seamless recording.  i would still use it at 16-bit anytime, especially in a stealth situation (if i ever stealthed, which i only have once, and used the MT and it was great).

i'm excited to see what they come out with next, but remember, don't expect them to bend over backwards for us tapers.  they've done a really good job being receptive to our needs and making some changes in the firmware, and have probably even taken our advice for this next version, but we aren't their only market.
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 06:17:38 PM »
I also think they will not do a trade in...mainly because this will definitely burn them out. Just imagine how many MT1 they will receive if they said yes to us. Their production is not that fast and the rate of sale plus the rate of trade in will be so huge that all the MT2 will be back ordered for a few months. They have to make enough to please all new customers and old MT1 owners. Usually new high demand electrical items sell faster than their production (e.g. Wii console). Hope we won't be waiting for back orders. If we do demand a trade-in they might list the MT2 at a high price to keep the demand low and rate of production high (like the Sony PS3). I hope it will be cheaper than the original MT1 though, they have to compete with the new Zoom H2 and R09 prices, too. Trade-in is definitely good but it will also definitely increase the price.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline hawghunter

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Planet of Sound
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 01:14:42 AM »
A discount to registered owners would be a nice gesture. Not a bad company, IMO, they replaced my MT with a new for me. Just my 2c.
ISO: NIRVANA :), 8/15/91 - The Roxy

930's > MMe

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 10:19:15 AM »
Hmmm...trade ins might cut the number that turn up second hand on ebay...and perhaps shorten M-Auds support cycle time for the product.

If they introduce a new version, they almost competing with themselves via the used product market...

i.e. USED Microtrack v1 vs. NEW Microtrack v2 - (assuming they are similarly priced...)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 12:51:02 PM »
i figured it can't hurt to ask, so i did
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2007, 08:18:23 PM »
i really doubt the company would offer a trade in...it's not like they need to do a recall because the original was faulty...it just didn't have all the features that we as tapers (a pretty small demographic really) wanted.

Disagree.  Mine has a switch on the side that says "48V".  It was marketed as having 48v phantom power.

F M-Audio!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »
mine says 'ph power', i think its pretty clear its 30v.
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 08:42:39 AM »
A trade in and replaceable batteries would be great. The seemless split is not that big a deal for me as it's very easy to find a stop/start point in between songs. Plus I don't sweat a few lost seconds of 'tweener' sounds ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:13 PM »
Well, it's time for me to come out of the closet so to speak.  Up  until this past Friday I was a remote employee of M-Audio.  I worked in an  office in Hudson Wisconsin.  To increase efficientcy, this year it was decided to close this office and relocate those jobs to the Los Angeles area corporate office. I struggled with either moving or leaving and untimately deciced to stay in the Midwest (I live in Saint Paul, MN, a short 20 minute commute to Hudson). 

Well, the reason this is relevant to you all, is that I was the primary firmware tester on the MicroTrack (among my other responibilities). I was the initial tester when new alpha and beta versions cames in and I would help de-bug them to get them ready for our main QA staff so they would have something to test that had at least a decent chance of getting through QA without racking up dozens of bugs.

I've tried to inject my help here wherever I could though I've never been officially sanctioned to do so but be sure that you guys were my first source whenever we released a new version. When someone posted a new problem here I was always scrambling to recreate it so we could fix it in the next revision.  You guys have been a great source or help and info. I'm sure my successors will do a good job on whatever comes next and I'm sure a lot of you will be pleased and some disappointed with it.

Thanks for all your help and input on the MicroTrack. It was really appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Tessier

Roving Sign

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 01:06:38 PM »
mine says 'ph power', i think its pretty clear its 30v.

Phantom power is the LAST thing I want in a unit this size...!

Roving Sign

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 01:28:30 PM »
How about FLAC support!!! (particularly if we are stuck with the 2GB un-seemless split)

that might lessen the sting a bit - and make it more useful for 24 bit applications...?

cmoorevt

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »
Well, it's time for me to come out of the closet so to speak.  Up  until this past Friday I was a remote employee of M-Audio.  I worked in an  office in Hudson Wisconsin.  To increase efficientcy, this year it was decided to close this office and relocate those jobs to the Los Angeles area corporate office. I struggled with either moving or leaving and untimately deciced to stay in the Midwest (I live in Saint Paul, MN, a short 20 minute commute to Hudson). 

Well, the reason this is relevant to you all, is that I was the primary firmware tester on the MicroTrack (among my other responibilities). I was the initial tester when new alpha and beta versions cames in and I would help de-bug them to get them ready for our main QA staff so they would have something to test that had at least a decent chance of getting through QA without racking up dozens of bugs.

I've tried to inject my help here wherever I could though I've never been officially sanctioned to do so but be sure that you guys were my first source whenever we released a new version. When someone posted a new problem here I was always scrambling to recreate it so we could fix it in the next revision.  You guys have been a great source or help and info. I'm sure my successors will do a good job on whatever comes next and I'm sure a lot of you will be pleased and some disappointed with it.

Thanks for all your help and input on the MicroTrack. It was really appreciated.

Sincerely,

John Tessier

Bummer about the job loss.  Hopefully everything works out for the best.  Good to see M-Audio was at least listening.  Hopefully the new device fixes some of the issues with MT ver. 1

Offline BWolf

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always on the prowl...
    • Etree Trading List
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 03:09:19 PM »
jtessier - if you don't work for them anymore, are you at liberty to talk about what they have changed/added/removed in the new MT 2.0?
"The best jazz is funky, and the best funk is jazzy" -SMOOTH
------------------------------------------------------
Neumann AK20/AK40s > LC3 > KM100 > Lunatec V3 (MS mod) > SD 722 or Microtrack 24/96  (Hi-Ho Silver Custom Interconnects)
------------------------------------------------------

Offline jmz93

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 10:25:19 PM »
jtessier - if you don't work for them anymore, are you at liberty to talk about what they have changed/added/removed in the new MT 2.0?

Or the reasons given why some things wern't implemented in version 1, like the autosplit?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.081 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com