Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New improved microtrack (MT II)  (Read 137765 times)

Offline SClassical

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: New improved microtrack
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2007, 07:44:37 PM »
New info just came out - hope this helps  ;D

The redesigned MicroTrack™ II brings even more professional features to the original high-fidelity mobile digital recorder that’s been embraced by audio and film professionals worldwide. With an extended input gain range, analog input limiter, 48V phantom power, faster file transfer rate and other enhancements, MicroTrack II delivers the highest quality mobile recording experience available today. Simply record WAV, BWF and MP3 files to CompactFlash or Microdrives through balanced line inputs or built-in microphone preamps—then drag and drop recordings to your computer via highspeed USB 2.0 for immediate editing or Web posting. MicroTrack II is perfect for a wide variety of applications including field recording, capturing live shows, songwriting, education and more.

Features

* 2-channel WAV, BWF and MP3 recording and playback > perfect for field recording, songwriting, training, education and worship
    * New features include extended input gain range, analog input limiter and seamless recording of files beyond 2GB in size > enhanced performance
    * Battery operated; storage via CompactFlash or microdrives > mobility and convenience
    * Drag-and-drop file transfer to PC and Mac > upload and share your content in minutes
    * Balanced ¼” TRS inputs with line inputs and 48V phantompowered mic preamps > professional-quality recording
    * 2-channel WAV, BWF and MP3 recording and playback for pro recording, capturing live shows, songwriting, training, education, worship and more
    * Immediate drag-and-drop file transfer to PC and Mac via high-speed USB 2.0
      mini-connector
    * Seamless recording of files greater than 2GB
    * Easily add markers to BWF files
    * Professional balanced ¼” TRS inputs capable of mic or line-level signals
    * Extended input gain range
    * Analog input limiter with bypass
    * Separate left and right input level controls with signal and peak indicators
    * Dual microphone preamps with 48V phantom power for studio microphones
    * 1/8” TRS input with 5V power for use with stereo electret microphone (microphone included)
    * S/PDIF coaxial input for digital transfers
    * Monitoring via RCA line outputs or 1/8” stereo headphone output
    * Monitor S/PDIF input via headphones while recording
    * Customizable folders for organizing files
    * Dedicated buttons for navigation, record, hold, pause, delete, menu, and power
    * Storage via convenient CompactFlash or Microdrives (sold separately)
    * Built-in CompactFlash speed test ensures optimal card performance
    * Large LCD with backlight dimmer
    * Output level control
    * Hibernation mode
    * Powered via USB, built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery or included power supply
    * Includes electret t-shaped microphone, software for editing and file format conversion, carrying pouch, 1/8” stereo extension cable with lapel clip, power supply, and USB cable

Compatibility

* WAV
    * BWF
    * MP3

Minimum system requirements

* PC
          o Windows XP (SP2)
          o USB 1.1 or 2.0 port on the computer for connection and power charging
    * Mac
          o Mac OS X 10.3.9 or greater
          o USB 1.1 or 2.0 port on the computer for connection and power charging

Specifications

* MP3 recording: 96 to 320kbps at 44.1 or 48kHz
    * PCM recording: 16 or 24-bit at 44.1, 48, 88.2 or 96kHz
    * storage capacity: variable based on data rate and storage medium

Package Contents

* MicroTrack II mobile digital recorder
    * Printed Quick Start Guide
    * CD-ROM with documentation and editing software
    * 1m USB cable (USB A to Mini B)
    * 1m 1/8” headphone extension cable with lapel clip
    * T-shaped electret microphone
    * Earbuds
    * Protective carrying case with mic pouch
    * Power supply unit with USB connector

Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

cmoorevt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2007, 08:14:45 PM »
+T, thanks for posting that.

Three upgrades over MT I that I can see are a full 48v of phantom, seemless 2gb split and being able to monitor the recording(and presumably pass signal) while recording S/PDIF in.

Bummer that they kept the internal battery and I wonder how long it will run with phantom engaged, esp. with power hungry mics.  As noted above, it will also be interesting to see if the pre-amp section is any less noisy than MT I.

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »
Now we need MSRP.  I would expect it to be around the same.  also...

Hypothetically speaking would a less than 10ms gap be acceptable? How about 5 or 6ms?

that made me wary of market speak.  it is perhaps a very fast split but still not perfect?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:38:57 PM by JoeKiller »
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2007, 08:50:36 PM »

Three upgrades over MT I that I can see are a full 48v of phantom,

Wasn't 48v phantom power claimed on the first MT?  ::)  I'll but a new one if it's only $300.
Occasionally....music mics record

cmoorevt

« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2007, 09:26:21 PM »

Wasn't 48v phantom power claimed on the first MT?  ::)  I'll but a new one if it's only $300.

I don't recall ever seeing it in any written specs but those first images of the MT 1 clearly showed a 48v phantom power switch.  I'm with you though, I'll believe it when I get it in my hands and it powers my mics.

stevetoney

« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2007, 09:40:59 PM »
I think you're expecting too much.  Since when does a 'new improved' version not carry a higher price tag? 

Mark my words, it will retail for a price tag of something like $499, but sell for around $379 to $419 when it comes out, with $399 being the most popular price.  Any more and people will object to too big of a price difference, any less and Microtrack would have no motivation to release the improvements, of course other than improving their product but since when does that motivate electronics manufacturers to action...never. 

They can't go much higher and still be competitive with the R-09, but they absolutely won't price it at $300 because of the reasons I mentioned.

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2007, 09:47:22 PM »
Wonder when edirol will release a digi version of the r09.. the r11.. (because the r10 just wouldn't have been enough)..

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2007, 09:49:03 PM »
I know most folks around here use the MT with the digital input, but I think the "extended gain range" is a huge improvement.  One of the main things that made the original MT unusable with the analog inputs was the fact that it overloaded very easily.

If only they had changed the battery requirement, it may have finally become the perfect bit-bucket.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2007, 10:31:52 PM »

yes they did
so untill its out and tested i don't hold my breath on any of the improvements
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline dpataper4022

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • The Bus Came By & I Got On....
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2007, 08:46:18 AM »
Now tell me about trade-ins & I'm sold!
 ;D

Offline bdasilva

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Use to be a Fishhead
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »
TRADE IN???     I'll give you 50$ for your old one...
Cad E300S set.. AT822  AKG C 414 B-XLS/ST  
Dorsey-Mod MK-012 w/ O, C, H and RED L/D Caps
Superlux S502 ORTF   LSD2
Silverpath  Cables> 
Tascam DR-680MKii    DR- 680 (X2)   Tascam DR-40     Sound Devices USBPre    SONY  PMD-M10   Zoom F8

"Buy a Taper a Drink... Prime the Pumps of live Music"

On the "music" side of the "Music Business"

Offline landshark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
Wonder when edirol will release a digi version of the r09.. the r11.. (because the r10 just wouldn't have been enough)..

"Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven. "

+T for the Spinal Tap ref!

AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline SClassical

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
I think you're expecting too much.  Since when does a 'new improved' version not carry a higher price tag? 

Mark my words, it will retail for a price tag of something like $499, but sell for around $379 to $419 when it comes out, with $399 being the most popular price.  Any more and people will object to too big of a price difference, any less and Microtrack would have no motivation to release the improvements, of course other than improving their product but since when does that motivate electronics manufacturers to action...never. 

They can't go much higher and still be competitive with the R-09, but they absolutely won't price it at $300 because of the reasons I mentioned.

An online store told me it will be cheaper than the R-09 and more than the H2 (retail price). So you'll find it listed as $300-400 on line soon. R-09 will be the most expensive one and I'm sure Edirol now got their thinking cap on for a new model.
Mics: DPA3552 kit/DPA3521 kit/DPA SMK4081 kit/DPA SMK4060 kit/Schoeps 2X MK21, 2X MK22 and 2X MK4v and 2X Schoeps CCM2S
Mixers/preamps: Sonosax SX-M32/Sonosax SX-M2 LS/Grace Design V3/DPA MMA6000/Millennia HV-32P
Recorders: SD722/PCM-D50/MT2
Playback: Grace m903 - Sennheiser HD650 / Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus 805s

Offline bgalizio

• http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2007, 01:24:18 PM »
Seamless splits at that price would make it a perfect bit bucket! Assuming, of course, that it is still "bit perfect."

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2007, 01:42:09 AM »
$400 will buy you a nice pda that pretty much smokes the microtrack as a bit-bucket in almost every respect.

Seamless splits at that price would make it a perfect bit bucket! Assuming, of course, that it is still "bit perfect."
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.134 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com