Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 99.97% torrent fix?  (Read 6579 times)

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
99.97% torrent fix?
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »
Admitted torrent newb. I knew you shouldn't change any files while folks were leeching, but I didn't realize that if I changed part of the description it would create problems. All my leechers are stuck at 99.97% on this torrent:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=556179

I'd like to get them to 100%, but I don't know how to fix it, any help welcome! Thanks in advance!
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
Re: 99.97% torrent fix?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
Just to be clear, I didn't change any of the files. I only edited the description to add that they are 24 bit files.
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
GAKables
Dead Muppets

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:24:54 AM »
Just to be clear, I didn't change any of the files. I only edited the description to add that they are 24 bit files.

If that is the ONLY change you made, it should go to 100%.  If it is not going to 100%, there is another issue with your Torrent...  If you made no changes after creating the .Torrent file, then something happened during the creating of that .Torrent and that is giving you the error... 

I suggest creating a second torrent, and directing people DLing the first torrent to finish their filesets with the second torrent...  If the files used in both torrents are exactly the same, it won't re-download anything, it will just fill in the missing 00.03%.

Terry

ETA, it may be that you opened your text file after creating the .Torrent, and then saved it again without making any changes???  That may cause an issue...
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 11:26:33 AM »
The only times that I got stuck on 99% was when I changed the text file.  Didn't figure out what was causing it, until I did it for the second time.  It was only the text file, the .flacs torrented AOK.
I never fixed it.

Maybe you could try changing the text back to exactly what it was before......you DID save a copy of it, eh?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »
No, I only changed the description. I'll try the suggestions though. Thanks!
GAKables
Dead Muppets

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
yeah, it's the text file or ffp file. Something small was changed. Adding a space and hitting save at the end of the file will throw it off (since the hash no longer matches)
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline Toke

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 01:37:44 PM »
Yep, I've made the same mistake as others with changing the text file.  I had to leave it with the wrong band name in the description.  Doh! 

Did you create the torrent file on a different computer and copy the folder?  Maybe you missed a file in copying?

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »
Perhaps you could locate someone that downloaded your original torrent and got to 100%.  Have them send you a copy of your original text and FFP files. 

I've also had this happen.  It's definitely an issue with your text or FFP being slightly changed and the hash not matching up.  No way to fix this that I know of if you can't get back to your original torrent files EXACTLY as they existed when your torrent was created.  All it takes is a space inadvertently saved in your text file to mismatch the original hash.

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:53:44 PM »
I agree with the peanut gallery that it's probably a modified text file. Try to check your torrent client for info about what % you have for each file within the torrent. In transmission it's the "inspector", but I suspect most modern torrent clients have this capability. That way at least you can confirm which is(are) the problem file(s).

Along those lines, when you upload files to the LMA the text files are changed in the process. So if you ever want to reseed a torrent fileset that you also uploaded to the LMA, make sure to at least keep the text files backed up somewhere. You can always download the flac files again and they will be unchanged, but not the text files.
Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »
I don't know what exactly is going on, but it's not because he changed the text file or FFP or whatever.  The torrent is showing a single seeder ( I assume bryonsos) at 100%, and all the leechers at 99.97%.

If he had changed the text file and/or, he would not be able to get to 100% himself.  But that is not the case, because he is at 100%.

Like I said, I'm not sure what the issue is, but it's not because of the semi-common text/FFP minor change.

and, for the record, changing the description field at bt.etree.org only changes what is displayed on the website, and does NOT affect the torrent files at all.  You can go ahead an edit the description as much as you like, as long as you don't touch the actual files on your computer, you should be fine.

edit:
for lack of a better suggestion - maybe try deleting the torrent from the torrent client.  then re-load the torrent file into your torrent client.  it'll re-hash and re-check all the files.  You should still get to 100% and show up as a seeder.  perhaps that will force reset the connections to all the other peers, and you'll be able to finish the upload.  I don't know if that will work, but it's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:46:43 PM by JasonSobel »

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:49:13 PM »
The tracker shows him at 100% - that doesn't mean he doesn't have a problem with one piece.  I'll bet if he forces a recheck, he will show at 99.97% too.  Sometimes you can check in at 100%, change one file and the torrent client doesn't actually check it again unless you tell it to.

He included the .torrent file in the torrent?  How do you do that?  I'll bet that is what is causing the problem.

He should just delete the torrent and create a new one (without the .torrent file inside the folder).  As long as he keeps the same folder name and file names, everyone will be able to rejoin it.

ETA: the .txt, .ffp, and .torrent file are not completing.  This indicates one of them has changed since the .torrent file was created.  Sorry, Jason, but I have to disagree.  the 99% problem is because he changed the text file, ffp file or torrent file (which shouldn't be there anyway).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 09:55:31 PM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
The tracker shows him at 100% - that doesn't mean he doesn't have a problem with one piece.  I'll bet if he forces a recheck, he will show at 99.97% too.  Sometimes you can check in at 100%, change one file and the torrent client doesn't actually check it again unless you tell it to.

He included the .torrent file in the torrent?  How do you do that?  I'll bet that is what is causing the problem.

He should just delete the torrent and create a new one (without the .torrent file inside the folder).  As long as he keeps the same folder name and file names, everyone will be able to rejoin it.

ETA: the .txt, .ffp, and .torrent file are not completing.  This indicates one of them has changed since the .torrent file was created.  Sorry, Jason, but I have to disagree.  the 99% problem is because he changed the text file, ffp file or torrent file (which shouldn't be there anyway).

in the 20 minutes that I originally posted, and now, I've also hopped on this torrent.  and I now see that the one torrent piece that isn't downloading is the one with the text file, the FFP, the torrent file??, and the tail end of t10.
Based on that, I agree with you now, he probably changed the text file.  One way to be sure is for him to force re-check the data and see if he gets a complete 100%, or if it stops at 99.97% on his end as well.

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 12:50:55 AM »
Well, I suppose I could've changed something, but I doubt it. I physically carried the HD to the machine, copied all the files and created the torrent file. The txt and ffp were opened for copy & paste purposes only and not resaved. I'm guessing that it's because the torrent file got saved in the folder somehow. "Somehow" probably = this torrent newb discovered a unique key sequence or some other goof up. Rather than beat my head against the wall more, I started a new torrent, this time with the torrent file in a different place:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=556227

Thanks for the input!
GAKables
Dead Muppets

Offline TimeBandit

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 03:12:40 AM »
happended to me also as a beginner mistake.

you can check your torrent BEFORE uploading to the tracker : just open it in your torrent client, it should run through 100% and into seeding, if not (like stuck on 99%) there might be an error during creating.
2015 rig: CA-11 -> CA-9100 -> PCM-M10
2016 rig: Sony PCM-M10 + SP-SPSB-4 microphone plug-in power supply +  SP-CMC8 with Low Sens mod
[backup: CA-9100 - Tascam DR-05 Firmware 2.0 + Yamaha Pocketrak W24]
video 2016: Casio EX-100 HS (same as Olympus Stylus1 - but much smaller - japan import not availiable in EU)

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 11:02:15 AM »
Happy to report folks are reaching 100% this time. Must've been the torrent file as part of the torrent. Not sure how I managed that, but it won't happen again. Thanks again for the input!
GAKables
Dead Muppets

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 03:31:14 AM »
one thing that can happen to a text file, especially on macs... is that if you open it and leave it open it will write a temp file, even if you didn't change anything. but it will dump the temp txt file into the torrent folder ~ causing issues for others.
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 08:00:16 AM »
one thing that can happen to a text file, especially on macs... is that if you open it and leave it open it will write a temp file, even if you didn't change anything. but it will dump the temp txt file into the torrent folder ~ causing issues for others.

I'm on a Mac, so that might have done it. I can't remember if I left the txt open or not.
GAKables
Dead Muppets

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com