Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Motu 8pre?  (Read 1993 times)

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
Motu 8pre?
« on: November 30, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »
Anyone used this thing yet? It's pretty new I think. It seems like an interesting competitor to something like the Firepod. I like the fact that there is phantom and pads on each channel individually, as opposed to the Firepod's linking phantom across inputs 1-4 and 5-8. But I'm wondering about remote powering? Anyway, just curious if anyone if using this, and if there are any particular reasons why it's good or bad?
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Motu 8pre?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »
Anyone used this thing yet? It's pretty new I think. It seems like an interesting competitor to something like the Firepod. I like the fact that there is phantom and pads on each channel individually, as opposed to the Firepod's linking phantom across inputs 1-4 and 5-8. But I'm wondering about remote powering? Anyway, just curious if anyone if using this, and if there are any particular reasons why it's good or bad?

Haven't tried the 8pre but I'm really happy with my 896hd.  8 individual phantom pre's, adat in, aes in, clock in/out, firewire, gives me 18 channels in, can do I believe 20 out.  Great metering, I mean fantastic.  Nice to be able to accurately read levels and adjust levels without going through the lappy.   Extremely happy with it, combined with my digimax lt, gives me a nice compact multi rig.  Very portable.

Oh, and if you buy used, you can get it significantly cheaper than new.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:54:55 PM by stirinthesauce »

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
Re: Motu 8pre?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 01:36:28 PM »
But I'm wondering about remote powering?
Looks like it's AC power only  :-\
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com