Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Can my UA-5 be fixed?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Normsreality

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Hayes Carll...busted my taping cherry!
Can my UA-5 be fixed?
« on: December 05, 2006, 09:21:10 PM »
Hey guys I hope this is in the correct forum as I am asking for help and not specifics of the device. Anyway I had planned on taping at the Xmas Jam, and it has been a while since i'd set up my rig. Since I layed out of work sick today I figured it was a great chance to test everything out. Well i set everything up, turned the Phantom power on my UA5, popped on my headphones and the left channel was "gone." After playing around with the level knob i found that it would spin completely around in both directions with no stopping point. Upon further investigation and some snaps of the fingers in front of the left mic  I found that the channel wasn't dead it was simply at a very low volume. So I broke open the case to see what I could see and low and behold the level knob fell off and the little blue component that the knob hooks into was broken in half. I don't know how this happened or when. Could be bad storage on my part or it could have been damaged at the last show i recorded. Anyway I've included some pics to give you an idea of the parts I'm speaking of and any help would be great.
Studio Projects C4s or Behringer B2 Pros>Canare Star Quads>Oade digi-mod UA5>optical>JB3/lappy

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
Re: Can my UA-5 be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »
Looks like the pot bit the dust and just needs replaced.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline Normsreality

• Taperssection Regular
  • Hayes Carll...busted my taping cherry!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 10:40:16 PM »
Looks like the pot bit the dust and just needs replaced.

Thanks bud, now if you could just tell me where i could get a replacement that would be great. Is this something I can get at Radio Shack or will I have to order it from Edirol?
Studio Projects C4s or Behringer B2 Pros>Canare Star Quads>Oade digi-mod UA5>optical>JB3/lappy

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »
Call Roland, they'll be able to send you the right part, probably won't be more than a few bucks + shipping.

Then just solder it back on.

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com