Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope Rx 7  (Read 54175 times)

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: iZotope Rx 7
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2020, 11:19:54 AM »
try the magic wand tool

its results are variable but its good at isolating strong events like whistles

pitch is irrelevant (and often tails at beginning and end of a whistle), you just need to select accordingly

How should I deal with whistles that are highly variable in pitch? I've tried to give it the smallest amount of attenuation necessary but it still sound like it has a modulation "phase" issue. I'm not sure what the correct term is.

Whistle is at 53:27 - This is after my "fix"

https://imgur.com/a/sXTmzq1
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2020, 02:04:49 AM »
Thanks, both of you. I just upgraded from RX Elements with the $99 offer, so I need to find a training manual or something of the sort.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline symon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »
Thanks, both of you. I just upgraded from RX Elements with the $99 offer, so I need to find a training manual or something of the sort.
I did the same yesterday. There is a manual that comes with it, which I’m just starting to work through.

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2020, 11:27:33 AM »
What's the value proposition for upgrading to standard? What tools, and how do folks employ them?
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline lerond

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2020, 08:40:37 PM »
Can anyone with RX7 Advanced comment about the DeRustle, DeWind, and Ambience Match tools?

I'm particularly thinking that the last one might help establish a better baseline sound when performing gain adjustments up (on band member banter) and down (on audience applause) for acoustic shows with an enthusiastic crowd: ideally, I'd like to be be able to tone down the audience and still be able to bring up banter, without either one leading to noticeable "pumping" in the ambient noise floor.

Ben, do you have suggestions for Rx7 Std tools/setting that can perform the first two functions?
ain't no party like a katydid party
jumpin' and a hoppin' and singin' them songs!

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2020, 08:53:48 PM »

It is exactly two years ago that I began this thread, when I spotted on Amazon an announcement of a new book by Eric Kuehnl, "Audio Restoration with iZotope Rx 7," exactly the kind of manual I still (after more than a decade using various versions of Rx) would love to have, and seemingly what you would like as well.  At that time, iZotope had not yet announced the introduction of version 7, but the book announcement had a detailed table of contents, a picture of an artsy book cover, even a page count (304pp), and a publication date of January 2019.  I bought Rx 7 when it finally came out later in 2018, but the book publication kept getting delayed.  In early April I spotted a listing on Book Depository for April 15,  2020 publication and ordered it.  They charged my account, by the end of April it was listed as delayed to May 15.  Finally last week, after no communications or explanations from Book Depository, I asked for a refund.  I then wrote to publisher, Hal Leonard Books, who replied that they had sold the publication rights (along with other titles) to Rowman.  An inquiry to Rowman got a brief answer: "I'm sorry but the publication was cancelled."

So, somewhere out there, there may be a manual.  But no one seems to think it is worth selling it to us.   :bawling:

Jeff

Offline lerond

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2020, 03:24:11 AM »
Ben, I appreciate your suggestions ... sounds like I can stop worrying that I'm missing out without Advanced.
Need to spend more time learning how to use the tools!
ain't no party like a katydid party
jumpin' and a hoppin' and singin' them songs!

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2020, 03:56:21 AM »

So, somewhere out there, there may be a manual.  But no one seems to think it is worth selling it to us.   :bawling:

Jeff

man that sux. do you know the name of the author?
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2020, 10:15:19 AM »

Jeff

Eric Kuehnl.  He has written other audio books.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »

I'm going to pull the trigger on an Isotope product just not sure which one. Can you guys with experience with it point me in the right direction?

I need mostly to be able to eliminate bursts of unwanted noise like clapping, whistling and similar from live recordings but eliminating background noise is also a big plus.

I have Declick, Denoise, Declip and some other Waves plugins that work great but I need to up my game on some recordings.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2020, 12:50:29 PM »

I'm going to pull the trigger on an Isotope product just not sure which one. Can you guys with experience with it point me in the right direction?

I need mostly to be able to eliminate bursts of unwanted noise like clapping, whistling and similar from live recordings but eliminating background noise is also a big plus.

I have Declick, Denoise, Declip and some other Waves plugins that work great but I need to up my game on some recordings.

RX-7 is the one. I'm happy using Std. Advanced includes de-rustle which might be cool.

10 day free trial. Download and try it out on your most stubborn issues to see if it works for ya. Takes some hours of playing until you find the best workflow for different issues.

Been a game changer for me.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Jarts don't kill people!
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2020, 02:31:44 PM »

Jeff

Eric Kuehnl.  He has written other audio books.

I just looked up some of his books and after googling Eric I discovered that he works at the local community college I went to before transferring to UC Davis.  What a treat for the local students!

https://foothill.edu/musictechnology/directory.html?s=1&rec_id=1767
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2020, 05:14:52 PM »

RX-7 is the one. I'm happy using Std. Advanced includes de-rustle which might be cool.

10 day free trial. Download and try it out on your most stubborn issues to see if it works for ya. Takes some hours of playing until you find the best workflow for different issues.

Been a game changer for me.

There's been a deal to upgrade to RX7 Standard for $99 from any Izotope product. Perhaps you can find an Elements product for cheap and use that as an upgrade path. A lot of us did that with the RX7 Elements sale last year.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2020, 06:33:25 PM »
I’ve had a lot of luck rehabbing old tapes made on shitty rigs indoors, using the anti-reverb tool. It can take you from marginal to decent, good to very good, imo. I’m listening to Panic 10-6-99 Sam Diego, nak 100 cards>d8. If it can fix nak tapes, what can’t it do?! 😝
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • 😈
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2020, 01:54:21 PM »
I hauled out my AKG 483 wind fucked WSP 2000 run at Red Rocks. For shits I ran de-wind in IZo advanced. Pretty happy with the results, not perfect but better than rumble. :headphones:
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com