Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Deity PR-2 Pocket Recorder  (Read 25586 times)

Offline blakenan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Deity PR-2 Pocket Recorder
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2023, 08:05:16 AM »
I've been keeping my eye on this recorder.  I noticed that Gotham Sound mentions a Jan 2024 release date (link below).  Not sure if this is firm or reliable.

https://www.gothamsound.com/product/pr-2-pocket-recorder

Offline breakonthru

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2023, 08:09:30 AM »
i hear its at least as firm as july, august, september, october....

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2023, 08:45:15 AM »
I've been keeping my eye on this recorder.  I noticed that Gotham Sound mentions a Jan 2024 release date (link below).  Not sure if this is firm or reliable.

I talked to a Gotham sales rep who I 've done some business with in the past back in September and he said they were firm on October but to anticipate delays - all manufacturers are experiencing delays due to supply chain challenges and then they went and changed the feature set meaning they might have had to redesign the hardware.

I've been watching this but I'm not holding my breath.

I went ahead and replaced the piggy back battery hack solution for my Korg MR1 so I'd have a small line in only recorder.
Honestly I may just keep doing that - it sounds really good and the battery solution is only $20 or so every few years.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline breakonthru

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2024, 02:55:11 PM »
Well we are into January and still no pricing or delivery date

Why do companies do this?

Offline grawk

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2024, 02:57:26 PM »
Gotham's the one who said it was a January release date, Deity has just said "coming soon".  They're starting to deliver the Theos system, so hopefully the PR-2 isn't too far behind.
4015gs/4018vlgs/kk14->mma:a d-vice/sonosax minir82/sonosax sx-m2d2/nagra vi/lectrosonics spdr

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2024, 01:35:00 PM »

They announced a change in the feature set - so likely a redesign - a few months back. Not surprised it's taking longer than expected. Reminds me of the Zoom F6. I waited so long for one of those I gave up and got something else then bought a used one for half price on Reverb six months after they were released.

I'm real interested in the Deity. I need a new small 2 channel recorder for lopro stuff. The Korg MR1 I've been using is still working and can do quite a long show after modifying the batteries but I'm not sure how much longer that thing will keep spinning the hard drive. Not having mics built in to it is very appealing for me.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2024, 04:51:25 PM »
Same here.   Would rather wait until they get it right given the price point.

Offline ideal77dlr

• Taperssection Regular
  • Mo To The Fo
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2024, 06:45:02 AM »
From ProAV in the U.K:

Thanks for your email.

I asked Deity and they’ve responded it is not available just yet, I will ask our web team to change the lead time to reflect this. Apologies for the inaccurate lead time. Hopefully it begins shipping soon, they did not provide me a date.
Sony D7 DAT : Edirol R-09HR : CA-11s (cards & OMNIs): CA-14s : SP-CMC-2s : CA-1900

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2024, 10:00:48 AM »
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline grawk

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2024, 12:34:13 PM »

Gotham's website now says:

Model:
PR-2
Release date: April 2024

Follows the pattern they've been guessing.  When date arrives, add 3 and guess again.
4015gs/4018vlgs/kk14->mma:a d-vice/sonosax minir82/sonosax sx-m2d2/nagra vi/lectrosonics spdr

Offline WiFiJeff

• Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2024, 01:51:06 PM »
I called Gotham earlier this week and learned that "Call for Price" is just an artifact of their website which defaults to that button when there is no price listed.  I signed up for the notification on the Deity page for the PR-2 when it was announced in the middle of last April, and have heard NOTHING from them in nine months.  Even if they decided to do a redesign this summer, I would expect the new parts to be priced by now, so $TBD even now is odd.  When this was announced, it looked timely and interesting.  Now, I'll likely wait for something better (96 kHz, 4 channel) unless the PR-2 sound is a clear improvement on the MMA-A.

Offline adrianf74

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2024, 06:00:35 PM »

Model:
PR-2

Follows the pattern they've been guessing.  When date arrives, add 3 and guess again.

Orders from certain “smaller mic builders that share a name where some people get married” ship faster than this thing. Zoom F3 it’ll be methinks.
Decks: Zoom F6, Zoom F3 w/ BTA-1 | Power: Neewer NP-F970 7800mAh | Mics: (under construction) Line Audio CM3 | Camera: DJI Osmo Action 4

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2024, 10:51:04 PM »

Model:
PR-2

Orders from certain “smaller mic builders that share a name where some people get married” ship faster than this thing. Zoom F3 it’ll be methinks.

Comparing Diety to that guy is about as low a blow as you can go. But warranted in this situation.

Face it folks; this thing is either vaporware or endlessly tied up in patent lawsuits.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline grawk

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2024, 08:43:07 AM »
I think the PR2 will show up eventually, but the market for the theos is booming, and they had to redesign both because of the zaxcom patents. 

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2024, 08:53:52 AM »

Model:
PR-2

Comparing Diety to that guy is about as low a blow as you can go. But warranted in this situation.

Face it folks; this thing is either vaporware or endlessly tied up in patent lawsuits.

To be fair, Church Audio products have actually been delivered and are in widespread use, unlike this vaporware from Deity. Their failure to communicate honestly is particularly galling, given that they are something more than a one-man operation.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com