Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mac editing help  (Read 3953 times)

Offline coldrainandsnow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • "My Dad says butane is a bastard gas."
mac editing help
« on: April 19, 2003, 04:47:37 PM »
I transferred my Motherbug DAT from last nights show to Spark, resampled, sent to Sound Studio 2.0 version to track.  when tracking, i noticed a significant chunk where the left channel had dropped almost completely out.  I have been having some problems with my dat(SV-255) due to a sensitive levels knob.  if moved wrong it drops the left channel.  is there a way in either of the previously mentioned programs to fix this?  can i copy the right channel to make up for the nearly absent left channel or boost the levels to get them equal.  thanks in advance the help.

Mark

Offline coldrainandsnow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • "My Dad says butane is a bastard gas."
Re:mac editing help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2003, 04:52:26 PM »
I still need some help with this.  Come on peoples.  help a brother out!  I can hook you up with an otherwise sweet sounding show for a little help ;)

Offline greenone

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Russian mics... strong like bull...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 08:13:05 PM »
You should be able to just copy and paste one channel over the other, but make sure the area covered is the same or else the two will end up out of sync. It'll still sound weird when you play it back (i.e. suddenly mono) but better than only having sound in one channel for however long the glitch is. I might make a note of it in the info file for circulation, too...

--Dave
Unofficial Blues Traveler archivist - glad to work on any BT or related recordings
archive.org admin - happy to upload tracked material to the LMA

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 08:41:29 PM »
That's what I would do, just copy and paste.  

To make it sound less weird, in Sound Studio 2.1, hit Filter > Invert on the portion you pasted in.  Should sound a little better, but listen for yourself and see if you like it...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com