Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Squeezebox replacement ?  (Read 8237 times)

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: Squeezebox replacement ?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
My new to me McIntosh MA5200 has a built in 32/192 D/A USB input. Just had to download the driver from McIntosh for Windows and connect. I’m using Winamp to load playlists for now. I’ll probably being trying a different player, but for now Winamp works just fine.

go foobar2000 with the WASAPI plugin
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 09:14:02 PM »
My new to me McIntosh MA5200 has a built in 32/192 D/A USB input. Just had to download the driver from McIntosh for Windows and connect. I’m using Winamp to load playlists for now. I’ll probably being trying a different player, but for now Winamp works just fine.

Wow.  Very cool.
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 07:25:16 AM »

go foobar2000 with the WASAPI plugin
Thanks Kindms for suggestion for he WASAPI plugin for foobar. DL and it does sound better then the old one. Thank You!!!
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 12:20:01 PM »
So I ended up having issues with Winamp. It would play for a bit and my PC would just restart, interrupting playback of course and the 5200 would shut itself off. I’m sure that’s a feature of the amp. I was considering installing Wasapi in Winamp, but decided to try Foobar instead with Waspai. So far no shutdown issues.  :shrug:

So how do you know Wasapi is running?

Update: so I started having same shutdown issues with Foobar. Maybe the screensaver? I turned it off and sat thru about an hours worth of files and no issues. I’ll keep testing.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 02:24:41 PM by ts »

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »
So I ended up having issues with Winamp. It would play for a bit and my PC would just restart, interrupting playback of course and the 5200 would shut itself off. I’m sure that’s a feature of the amp. I was considering installing Wasapi in Winamp, but decided to try Foobar instead with Waspai. So far no shutdown issues.  :shrug:

So how do you know Wasapi is running?

Update: so I started having same shutdown issues with Foobar. Maybe the screensaver? I turned it off and sat thru about an hours worth of files and no issues. I’ll keep testing.

is the machine going to sleep ?
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com