Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Portable solution for car  (Read 6022 times)

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
Re: Portable solution for car
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 10:23:09 PM »
My newest car is six years old and I just use the aux input and whatever music player I grab that day and it works fine. Can’t control anything thru the cars audio system and I guess that’s what you’re trying to do. I feel your pain on the aftermarket solution. Most new cars these days make it very difficult to integrate any aftermarket stuff.

Any suggestions on players, I think that will be the solution.
I bought my Mom a fiio X2 (iirc the right model) for her car/Bose standalone speaker system. I loaded it with a couple hundred albums she owned already which were in my archive and then a bunch of live stuff. She digs it. I think it was less than $150. BT connectivity and flac/high res playback 
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline DiggerinVA

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 06:35:17 AM »
Crutchfield, baby...

I'll add that Crutchfield makes this sort of thing super easy, with specific instructions and mounts for your particular make/model of vehicle.  If anyone is thinking about changing out their car stereo head unit, don't be intimidated.  It's really easy.
For giggles I went to Crutchfield to see what they had. Plugged in my information and they came back with they don't recommend replacing the radio in my car. They have zero! HEHE
Sony C38B's --> Lunatec V2-->PMD661
B-3's --> Tinybox 1.5 --> PCM-M10

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2020, 07:13:02 AM »
Crutchfield, baby...

I'll add that Crutchfield makes this sort of thing super easy, with specific instructions and mounts for your particular make/model of vehicle.  If anyone is thinking about changing out their car stereo head unit, don't be intimidated.  It's really easy.
For giggles I went to Crutchfield to see what they had. Plugged in my information and they came back with they don't recommend replacing the radio in my car. They have zero! HEHE

That’s what I was getting at. I have 3 vehicles in my household and only one could take an aftermarket head unit. Any music player will do. I even use old iPods. I guess it depends if 24 bit playback matters to you. If so, look at the FIIO’s.

Offline DiggerinVA

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2020, 08:21:51 AM »
Crutchfield, baby...

That’s what I was getting at. I have 3 vehicles in my household and only one could take an aftermarket head unit. Any music player will do. I even use old iPods. I guess it depends if 24 bit playback matters to you. If so, look at the FIIO’s.
Yep you got it. Documentation sucks so far(it will sort by file name if that is all it has). A music player appears to be the solution. What is most important is probably sorting either by file name (Etree) or Folder then Track Number found in the tagging. 24 Bit would be nice. So I guess FiiO's are the answer. Any version easier for the sorting request? Thank You.

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2020, 09:14:13 AM »
Crutchfield, baby...

I guess the last time I used them was for my old 07 Subaru.  It's a different world now!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2020, 11:31:35 AM »
Crutchfield, baby...

LOL!  I dug a little deeper and it looks like you're right!  I guess the days of old-fashioned head units is days-gone-by...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline DiggerinVA

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 12:12:01 PM »
Crutchfield, baby...

LOL!  I dug a little deeper and it looks like you're right!  I guess the days of old-fashioned head units is days-gone-by...

Terry

Yea things have changed, from the days of "don't bother with the radio info I am just going to put my on in it".

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 12:51:13 PM »
Crutchfield, baby...

Yep you got it. Documentation sucks so far(it will sort by file name if that is all it has). A music player appears to be the solution. What is most important is probably sorting either by file name (Etree) or Folder then Track Number found in the tagging. 24 Bit would be nice. So I guess FiiO's are the answer. Any version easier for the sorting request? Thank You.
Digger- PM kindms, he has gone through the filenaming/sorting issues with Fiio and can probably help inform you.
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline DiggerinVA

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 05:01:19 PM »
Crutchfield, baby...

Digger- PM kindms, he has gone through the filenaming/sorting issues with Fiio and can probably help inform you.
I will do that. It would be good to know what I am up against. Though stripping the tags maybe a solution for the car. I can't believe I grabbed a untagged mp3 folder.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 06:47:50 PM »

Terry

its funny, my entire opinion on the value of car warranites was turned on its head by my friend (also named Terry) whos a music lover but also big-time car guy. We were on a road trip going to a show having that discussion and he pointed at his infortainment system and said "if that goes out, the car doesnt work, it has the ECM integrated into it... and its about 3 grand to replace. You cant afford to own a car without a warranty these days, they are simply not user-servicable"
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com