Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RIP - Albert Von Schweikert  (Read 1940 times)

Offline ohr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
RIP - Albert Von Schweikert
« on: May 31, 2020, 10:28:34 PM »
sad to see one of the greats in speaker design leave us: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/05/31/albert-von-schweikert-1945-2020-announcements/

I know that quite a few folks in these forums enjoyed listening to the music that we love to capture through Albert's amazing speakers.

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: RIP - Albert Von Schweikert
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 12:04:55 AM »
weird i set mine up again on 05/29 had no idea

love my vrs
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 02:49:48 PM »
Albert was a good guy. I had some nice conversation with him years ago. It lasted for a few weeks. I had some issues with a VR1 Sub and he was quite concerned about it since the warranty was void due to a 3rd party seller. Some guy named Wayne had a bunch of VR subs for sale for relatively cheap compared to the MSRP and apparently they had some problems with the amp. Of course I bought one. Albert did not like this guy. Long story short, Albert took care of it. Sent me a new amp at a discounted price (I think it was made by Adcom) and my problem was solved. He talked me thru the install so I didn’t have to incur freight charges back and forth to Cali. I was using VR1’s for my main speakers at the time. It was a nice little setup, but small. He offered to sell me his black VR2’s that he had in his office for a really great price. I unfortunately never took him up on it.  :(

I always find it very pleasing when the big boss man will take time out of his day to chat with a customer. RIP Albert.

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
Sad to hear it
He made great speakers
We still have a pair of VR-1's in the shop
When they came in it immediately reminded me of the day I first plugged in the Dynaco A25-XLs in ..1972 ?  (The Dynacos were genuine teak.)
The Von Schweikerts were an obvious improvement, but there was a quality that they both had, in they were bigger than they appeared.
Both have a way of disappearing into the music.
"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com