Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Refurbished stereo components  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Rob D.

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
Refurbished stereo components
« on: October 23, 2020, 03:35:20 PM »
Curious what the thoughts are on buying refurnbished for home amps, receivers, CD players, turntables, etc... Manufacturer's warrenty is still honored but also still a bit of a risk. Interested in hearing experiences with this.

Offline dyneq

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Refurbished stereo components
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 03:38:09 PM »
I've been doing it for years, and never had an issue. With the same warranty, what do you have to lose?

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 05:06:34 PM »
I ended up buying the CD-S300 for $249 (free shipping) regular price is $300.
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamcds300bl/yamaha-cd-s300-single-disc-cd-player/1.html

and TT-N503 for $399 (free shipping) regular price is $699.00.
https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamttn503bl/yamaha-tt-n503-musiccast-vinyl-500-musiccast-turntable/1.html

Both are refurbs and were delivered in brand new condition and are functioning great  :headphones:

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 08:09:28 AM »
That’s great news. I’ve been watching some Yamaha HTR’s on that site for months now, but keep coming up with reasons not to pull the trigger. What kind of packaging did they come in? All original accessories?

Offline Rob D.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 12:17:43 PM »
That’s great news. I’ve been watching some Yamaha HTR’s on that site for months now, but keep coming up with reasons not to pull the trigger. What kind of packaging did they come in? All original accessories?

Good question! The only noticible difference was the box that was shipped for the refurbs are all-in-one-box that has a Yamaha sticker on it as opposed to the "un-refurbs" that have Yamaha printed on the box that sits inside the shipping box. I guess what I'm trying to say is you don't get the same cardboard box on the refurbs  ;D

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 10:50:55 AM »
Thanks for that info. I recently inherited a dead Yamaha CD player from my father in law. Vintage 1987. I was going to toss it but since I also found the remote I figured it might be worth the repair. $75 for a complete overhaul and it is so sweet sounding. Even has a nice warmth to it. Repair guy said it will blow away anything made today and I’m thinking he was right.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com