Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Corvette Red "Hot Rod" Heresy's  (Read 2788 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Corvette Red "Hot Rod" Heresy's
« on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:17 AM »
Here are some shots of Corvette Red "Hot Rod" Heresy's that I just built up for Duncan.
Off they will be going to Duncan by the end of the week. However, not before I get to spend a few more days enjoying them. Spectacular on all counts is all I can say.
Anyway, I’ve been listen to these on and off since Saturday and I can say that they sound as good as I would of hoped. After figuring out how much toe in they needed they were sounding effen fantastic. I have been listening to them without subs because that is how Duncan will be running them. These speakers are not the type that you point right at your listening position. They should be aimed a slight distance outside of each shoulder. When positioned correctly you are the beneficiary of a very dynamic and balanced sound with a fantastic 3D soundstage. The DE 120 handles the upper frequencies with keen and extended accuracy. The mid horn, where most of the music is created, plays dynamic as all get out, creating a ”you are there” presence. The low end is punchy in the upper bass region, very clean and without overhang or bloating. Sure, they don’t have much useful information below 40hz but what bass information is there above 45 hz is nicely articulated. I was feeling sellers remorse as I was listening to these today, wishing that I could keep them. Maybe someday I can have the room and the wallet. Until then, I’m glad that this pair, and the others I built, are in the hands of music lovers that will enjoy and care for them for a lifetime. However, until I deliver these I am going to enjoy every minute I can with them. Rock on!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:52:43 PM by raymonda »

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Corvette Red "Hot Rod" Heresy's
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 11:40:47 AM »
Nice Ray! Of course I’m enjoying mine everyday. Good tip on placement. My pair are placed approx 6 feet apart and my listening position is 12 feet out. My sub is placed to the left by about 2 feet. I haven’t played with toe in yet. I’ll be trying that tonight.

In case anyone was following. I bought a pair of Heresy’s from Ray back in the spring. Beautiful work both inside and out.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »
Tony,

I always start with an equilateral triangle for placement with each side tweeter at ear height and aimed (toe'd in) at each side ear.  Depending on the balance, e.g. if too bright, I begin toeing them out.  Your pair sounded fantastic aimed right at each ear. This pair sounded best by toeing them out, aiming outside each shoulder.

Your woofer is an alnico woofer, while this one is a ferrite square magnet. Outside of this they are using the same mid and tweeter units, as well as the same crossover. I'm not sure why they respond a bit differently but I will attribute it to the woofer. In any case they both sound fabulous.

Duncan gets the added appeal of the professional auto spray, which cost but looks effen fantastic!

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 12:14:54 PM »
Tony,

BTW, if you need some cables I have some listed in Yard sale for a good price.

Ray

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 10:54:28 PM »
Tony, with your sub you have sound that speakers costing several thousands of dollars can’t touch. Enjoy the music!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com