Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Progress on two table builds.  (Read 2720 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Progress on two table builds.
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:40:59 AM »
I am just about finished with my new reference build and recently mounted the second tone arm. I have a Denon 103S that is being retipped by Soundsmith that with be used in the Origin Live arm.

Both Tables have dustcovers on ordered, which should be in within a month. The cherry plinth, outboard motor table will have a new counterweight and end stub installed and should be in shortly. This table will also be up for sale after it is completed. Any interests please PM me.

As always, I really have enjoyed these builds. It is great to see the tables go from concept, construction to playback. It is also enjoyable to listen to to end performance of each table. As I continued to build more and more tables I have been able to implement more strategies that incrementally elevate the performance of each tables.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
Re: Progress on two table builds.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 12:11:25 PM »
Beautiful tables.  :cheers:

Could you give some detail on the dual arm table? I'm not familiar with the concept.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 04:03:04 AM »
The table with two arm is my new reference table. It can accommodate up to 3 arms of different lengths. 9, 10 and 12”. The 3rd arm could be mounted on the front right of the table but I doubt I would go there. Arms and cartridges can not only have different sound but also different functions. It you wanted to run a mono cartridge for mono recordings it would be there and there would be no need to switch out the cartridge, just spin and play. I have two arms mostly because I enjoy the fun that different arms and cartridges bring. It can add a bit of spice to the listening session and allows for quick playback without changing things out.

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 12:49:00 PM »
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. I've never thought about using a mono cartridge, although I have quite a few mono albums.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com