Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: full home AV... hdmi splitter?  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Justy Gyee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • justys llama
full home AV... hdmi splitter?
« on: April 27, 2021, 04:28:46 PM »

thinking of using a splitter to send a signal to each room for stuff life baseball games and concert streams where having multiple rooms playing the same thing could be useful.
Ive got a few walls open in the house that will allow me to run cables to each room.
what kind of draw backs am i facing?  :shrug:
im not trying to 4k the house, so using longer hmdi cables doesnt seem  like too much an issue.
ideally i put the splitter some place that i can turn it off when not needing to duplicate signals.

any feedback is welcomed :alert:
if it aint broke, don't fix it

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: full home AV... hdmi splitter?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 06:21:42 PM »

thinking of using a splitter to send a signal to each room for stuff life baseball games and concert streams where having multiple rooms playing the same thing could be useful.
Ive got a few walls open in the house that will allow me to run cables to each room.
what kind of draw backs am i facing?  :shrug:
im not trying to 4k the house, so using longer hmdi cables doesnt seem  like too much an issue.
ideally i put the splitter some place that i can turn it off when not needing to duplicate signals.

any feedback is welcomed :alert:

you would probably save a lot of money looking at ethernet / fiber to hdmi on the cable runs
also you may be able to do this in a software sync.

I have multiple rooms with amazon fire sticks etc feeding the content. You may find that is easier / less expensive / more flexible if they can sync playback or if a software option exists to do that (depending on how you feed content to your current setup)

the inexpensive HDMI splitter i just picked up from amazon came with a remote etc as well (for easy on off etc)
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline BradleyJY15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: full home AV... hdmi splitter?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 09:33:37 AM »
I used to have a couple splitters for this exact reason.  I like to watch live sports synched perfect in living room, kitchen, and back patio.

I have since upgraded TVs.  The old splitters no longer work.  Bought a new splitter, worked for awhile, then stopped working.

I asked the local A/V pros, and basically, the (weak/unfortunate) answer is that different TVs work different/funny with different splitters and cables.  The only way to know if they work is to try them.  I had to try several initially to get it to work.  It has been on my "to-do" list for some time now to find a new one.  I ran the cables up my walls and across the attic.  Just need a new splitter now to make it work again.  It is odd, because a particular splitter may work for a few moments or minutes, then just drop out. Best I know you just have to experiment.

Good Luck!  Please share results if you succeed!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com