Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Korg MR1 - Battery replace

<< < (2/15) > >>

tedyun:
I'm not sure if your post was directed at me or at Freelunch -- the grammar is a bit hard to follow.

I think the bottom line from my and Freelunch's posts was to contact Korg (either an authorized dealer or the company directly) to replace the battery. I believe this is the safest, yet most costly solution. I am baffled as to how these posts are self-serving because the only party that would benefit from our advice is Korg.

I suggested other external solutions in addition to your battery sled, and my intent was to be helpful in highlighting relatively low cost solutions to the OP's problem in case the service quote from Korg would be too expensive.

I thought Freelunch's post was very informative and will make me think twice about plugging in an external source if I know that the battery has failed. I had not realized the unit could be damaged in this situation.

Guy, I have nothing but respect for your products and the information you provide from your testing.  I have some recordings in my collection made with your mics/preamp that are stunning. Also, I constantly referred to your reviews when shopping for the MR-1 and with the R-09/09HR.

Personally, I feel that your products are priced for a different market than the hobbyist concert taper, especially when there are high value options available for mics, preamps, and external power, however, I do not feel it is my place to tell you how to set your price points. You have obviously found a market and can support your business with it. I wish you best of luck on your continued success in producing these high quality products, and I also hope that you will continue providing your opinions and reviews to the community.

--- Quote from: guysonic on April 05, 2010, 11:29:18 AM ---Most times the internal lithium battery has not failed, but has lost enough capacity to not be useful for even 1 hour or less recording time.  So recharging/runtime both lasts for shorter time, and connecting up an external portable battery to run the deck and keep the internal battery at whatever is possible charge is not a liability in this case.

I have at times detractors of my external battery solutions with way too often post self-serving comments bogging down a discussion thread.

For those who wish to add any type of commentary about my powering products suggest a better place than an inquiry thread named "HIGHWAY ROBBERY" found in the TS Retail Section at: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=83618.0

--- End quote ---

guysonic:
Sorry for not being more clear, and NO direct comment on any of the helpful posts in this thread.  However, invitation to comment in the Retail Section was prompted by another current TS thread rave(s) about my sleds posting.

Some MR1 power specifications most helpful to many seeking information on what it takes to externally power this deck can be found in the tech review on my site at:
www.sonicstudios.com/mr1revw.htm

inkyblackness:
Thanks for all your input and suggestions. It's much appreciated. i delayed responding
as I wanted to include Korg's response and here's what they said:

"Hi
You need a CR2032 lithium battery.
Take the top of the rack off and you will see the battery on the inside."

Regards, Mike Molloy, Korg UK LTD - Technical Support, incorporating Samson, Vox and Hartke products,

Pretty good eh? :) I bought the CR2032 battery but there is a problem. The original battery is easily removeable, it almost falls
out of the MR1 when you open it. It's a hard-wired rectangular unit rated 3.7V 2000mAH whereas the CR2032 is circular and 3V.
I'll try and source an original 3.7V and report back. I understand that Korg charge around £40 to fit a replacement, maybe it's
because they don't know what they're doing.

it-goes-to-eleven:
A quick search reveals a korg m1r product that takes a cr2032.

http://www.polynominal.com/site/studio/gear/synth/korg_m1r/index.html

runonce:
Isnt a cr2032 just a watch battery...?

Its the same thing that keeps your clock and bios settings on you motherboard...Its not the battery that powers the unit.

But - I suppose its possible that some stuff might malfunction if this battery were to go dead...(perhaps making the other battery appear dead or fail to charge properly)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version