Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

shntool questions

(1/6) > >>

Simp-Dawg:
k...i just started using shntool after i got called out for having SBE's in my phish gorge fileset - (sigh) d'oh
i figured out how to install...it works with flac after i copied flac.exe into the installation directory...i figured out how to override the default wav output by using the -o switch...
but after going through the documentation a few times i can't find out how to override the "-fixed" addition to files or exactly how the -d switch works to specify a different directory...
can anyone point me in the right direction or offer up some advice?  also...is there a gui frontend for this?  i don't hate the command prompt but i'm a busy man  :afro:

thanks in advance
simpalicious

blu666z:
Seems like I remember Scott Brown having a way around that.  Maybe not though.

-Kevin

greenone:
There's an easier way...just use shnfix -o shn * on your wav files. That way it'll convert the wavs to shns and fix sector boundaries all at the same time.

Otherwise, here's Scott's way around it, cut and pasted from an old post:

================
you can edit it so it doesn't add the "-fixed"
download the latest shntool source code.  open up the fix.c source file (it might be core-fix.c or somethign, i can check when at home). 
put a "//" before the #DEFINE postfix line
then down lower, put a "//" on the 2 lines that add the "-" and "fixed".  or i'll send you the binary
(if you're a computer geek already then maybe i should have just said comment out the lines that add the -fixed)
================

Simp-Dawg:
right on, +T for diggin up the info!

greenone:
No prob. And as far as I'm aware, there's no front-end GUI for shntool. Of course, if you don't want to deal with shntool at all, just use CD-Wave to record/split your tracks; it forces everything to split on sector boundaries to begin with. +T to Kevin for remembering Scott's post...and to think it was in response to my thread but I'd forgotten it...hehe...

--Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version