Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: new Schoeps CMC 1 amplifier for the Colette series  (Read 13521 times)

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
new Schoeps CMC 1 amplifier for the Colette series
« on: September 10, 2019, 03:35:13 PM »
Hi. Schoeps has just announced a new, miniaturized amplifier for the Colette series, the CMC 1. It works with all capsules and accessories of the Colette series, has all the same specifications as (or in a few details, slightly better than) the existing CMC 6 amplifier, but weighs only 1.3 ounces and is 1-1/2 inches long. It will be available starting October 1.

https://schoeps.de/en/products/colette/microphone-amplifiers/cmc-1.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IPridYbgg

The U.S. price hasn't been set yet to my knowledge, but it should be in the general neighborhood of what a CMC 6 costs.

The CMC 6 will continue to be available and fully supported.

--best regards
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:48:09 PM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
Re: new Schoeps CMC 1 amplifier for the Colette series
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 03:50:27 PM »
I can imagine people here who currently use the CMC6 might want to switch to the CMC1 for a more compact overall package, but I wonder if anyone around here who currently doesn't run a Schoeps body will be enticed to run the CMC1 because it's so much smaller than the CMC6.  Anyone?
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: Schoeps CMC 1 amplifier for the Colette series
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:53:43 PM »
interesting. kind of reminds me of the DPA "MMP-C" compact series, which is cheaper and slightly reduced spec to their full "A" and "B" bodies.

One of the best advantages of these smaller bodies is they allow for a reduced shock mount rig, esp with stubby mini starquad cables

at full CMC spec this is cool tho ( at 1.8V it actually has considerably higher output voltage than a 1.0V cmc6 or 0.6-0.9V CMR, it also offers 4 dB higher max spl)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 04:01:02 PM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
They said $849 on their Instagram post.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 04:14:46 PM »
$50 over a CMC6, not awful but a tough sell considering the tons of good used CMC6s on the market all the time (many are even the newer RFI shielded models)
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 04:59:13 PM »
It's meant as an option for those whose particular applications make it worthwhile. It's not intended to supersede the CMC 6. My guess is that plenty of people will be more comfortable with the established, more "normal"-looking amplifier. Not everyone needs the ultra-small size, light weight, and/or those extra few dB of maximum SPL.

--Just in case it didn't stand out in the video or on the Web page, the current draw of the CMC 1 at 48 Volts is about half that of the CMC 6. Even at 12 Volts, where the CMC 6 is already twice as power-efficient as it is at 48, the CMC 1 draws only 3 mA rather than 8. So people with Sound Devices and other gear that has 12 or 15 Volt phantom powering might welcome that as well, with the caveat that when the CMC 1 is powered at only 12 Volts it no longer has a higher maximum SPL than the CMC 6 does.

--best regards
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 08:11:23 AM by DSatz »

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 05:06:20 PM »
Hi. Schoeps has just announced a new, miniaturized amplifier for the Colette series, the CMC 1. It works with all capsules and accessories of the Colette series, has all the same specifications as (or in a few details, slightly better than) the existing CMC 6 amplifier, but weighs only 1.3 ounces and is 1-1/2 inches long. It will be available starting October 1.

https://schoeps.de/en/products/colette/microphone-amplifiers/cmc-1.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7IPridYbgg

The U.S. price hasn't been set yet to my knowledge, but it should be in the general neighborhood of what a CMC 6 costs.

The CMC 6 will continue to be available and fully supported.

--best regards

Schoeps copying b9audio or dpa???  I only say this as my b9audio team thread got hyjacked by butt hurt schoeps fans (which I'm a 20year member) knocking b9 products ( which wasn't the place or time)  so I'd figure I would get my own dig in
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
No offense taken. I left the B9 thread quite some time ago, after posting there once about something that was largely irrelevant (people's misuse of the word "colette"); I realized that I was suppressing/denying anger that I truly didn't wish to express, since there was nothing to be gained by my expressing it. So I left instead, and my mental life has definitely been better since then.

The principle of "live and let live" seems to apply nicely in this forum, as well as in that other strange space where people, you know, walk around and breathe and have their lives.

--best regards

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 05:56:20 PM »
as well as in that other strange space where people, you know, walk around and breathe and have their lives.

Instagram?

;)
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »
$50 over a CMC6, not awful but a tough sell considering the tons of good used CMC6s on the market all the time (many are even the newer RFI shielded models)

Don’t forget the schoepsnbox solution.

Offline robeti

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 06:31:17 PM »
The cmc1 looks great. How do I connect these to a roland r-05? Babynbox? I'm seriously considering schoeps lately.
mics schoeps mk22/mk4/mk41 (matched) | nakamichi cm-300 (JB mod/cp1/cp2/cp3) | nakamichi cm-50 | primo em4052pmi4's | sp-cmc-4u/at-853 4.7k mod (shotguns/h/c/sc/o) | ca-11 c/o | ca-14 c
power ca-ubb | ca-9200 | nbob actives > baby nbox | schoeps cmbi (pair)
recorder roland r-05 
video panasonic zs100 | panasonic hdc-sd600 | sony hx9v | sony hx50v | samsung s23 ultra
playback fiio m17 > final d8000

Offline obaaron

• Trade Count: (48)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Wide Awake in San Diego!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 06:37:25 PM »
The cmc1 looks great. How do I connect these to a roland r-05? Babynbox? I'm seriously considering schoeps lately.

XLR.....it’s simply a shorter body it looks like
Mics:  Gefell M20,M21- sms2000/nbob | Schoeps MK4V;MK4- cmc1L/cmc6/nbob | AKG ck1,3,8,22;ck61,62,63,69- c460b/c480b/Naiant/nbob actives | Neumann KM140/150 | AT853, AT933 | CA-11 | DPA 4022 (on loan)
Pres: Naiant Littlebox | Tinybox | BMod Edirol UA-5 | Church ST-9200
Recorders:  Zoom F8 | Tascam DR-680 | Tascam DR-60D | Sony PCM-M10
Video: Canon VIXIA HF R42

**ISO** -   Schoeps mk22 matched pair | Neumann Ak43 pair

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 10:18:02 PM »

Don’t forget the schoepsnbox solution.

if you have any of the $300 handhelds with phantom these amplifiers are similar in cost to an nbox solution and saves you a huge extra box

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 10:24:21 PM »

you dont.. none of those provide phantom power. yo uneed at a minimum any of the small 2-channel phantom boxes (rolls pb224, denecke ps2, core sound 2phant, theres a sony (dunno part number i think its an accessory to one of their handhelds), etc

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »
Very interesting.  I wonder if they will still sell many CCM units once the CMC 1 is out.  Schoeps capsules (other than MK 8) are going for about $800 US now, and if the CMC1 is $849, that looks like a much better deal for a compact solution than $1800 each for a CCM.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.232 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com