Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

FLAC player app for iphone

<< < (4/6) > >>

rigpimp:
All of my music lives in a FreeNAS box running Plex.  I have found that PlexAmp works really well to play music.  Otherwise, I use the Plex app to play video.

JiB97:

--- Quote from: rigpimp on October 27, 2021, 12:09:21 PM ---All of my music lives in a FreeNAS box running Plex.  I have found that PlexAmp works really well to play music.  Otherwise, I use the Plex app to play video.

--- End quote ---

I've always wanted to setup something like this but never have gotten around to learning what I need to do. I mainly just want a place to have MP3s/FLACs of my recordings and other music that I can "host" here on my home network that could then be accessed elsewhere by myself and others.

but basically, following something like this: https://www.devroom.io/2020/02/28/building-a-diy-home-server-with-freenas/ would be a good place to start, huh?

kindms:

--- Quote from: JiB97 on November 04, 2021, 12:42:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: rigpimp on October 27, 2021, 12:09:21 PM ---All of my music lives in a FreeNAS box running Plex.  I have found that PlexAmp works really well to play music.  Otherwise, I use the Plex app to play video.

--- End quote ---

I've always wanted to setup something like this but never have gotten around to learning what I need to do. I mainly just want a place to have MP3s/FLACs of my recordings and other music that I can "host" here on my home network that could then be accessed elsewhere by myself and others.

but basically, following something like this: https://www.devroom.io/2020/02/28/building-a-diy-home-server-with-freenas/ would be a good place to start, huh?

--- End quote ---

i run plex as well but i dont use it as much as i used to. For music ive been digging my sysnology NAS and raspberry pi running volumio. I run usb > DAC > Stereo. the raspberry pi runs the server and acts as the front end. I sometimes get drops on 24/192 material but im using it over wifi in an out building in my yard. never an issue with lesser bit rates.

I used to run logitech squeeze touch. the pi solution is more along those lines. Mine is just a dumb head but you can add screens etc and they can do a lot more than just tunes. volumio supports multiple devices if you have more than one pi etc. Im not married to volumio, it was just one of the first i tried. the pi is nice that the build runs on a micro sd card so you can swap out cards if you want to test other builds without much hassle.

rigpimp:

--- Quote from: JiB97 on November 04, 2021, 12:42:04 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, that looks like a good link.  PM if you need some guidance

tapeworm48:
i use the Foobar app on my iPhone. does no one else use this? is VLC superior?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version