Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

The JerryPod 512GB SD Conversion (formerly iPod 80GB HDD)

<< < (3/4) > >>

audBall:
Nice work, looks mint!

gormenghast:
Yes, very clean.  Even had it's original sleeve that came with the iPods.  I have a near new condition 80gb 5.5 I bought when they first came out.  I won't do anything to that one.

Anyway, the seller listed it as a classic not a 5.5 enhanced.  These things are fun though.   

MakersMarc:
I love seeing gear restored instead of tossed. That said, you can get a DAP that does 32-384, Bluetooth and can be used as a DAC for under $100. It does seem that the 16 bit limit might kill off interest. But if that was true great old Nakamichi cassette decks would not be worth a fortune. I recall back in like ‘97 you could pick up a good condition serviced Dragon for under $500, not 6k at Reverb. I settled on less pricey models, had an LX3, 670zx, a480z, and a re-geared BX100. I miss them all, but not my 3k cassettes, they’re long gone, just didn’t have the space.

Justy Gyee:
i recently found a ipod mini that could be updated with a new CF card solution.
had lots of trouble with a CF>SD adapter. OS would load, but fail to boot.
succesfully loaded a 32G CF card and rockbox'd.
feeling good about this project, about to order the iflash adapter and commit to making this thing huge.
thats when the headphone jack traces pulled of the pcb.
win some, loss some.
will probably keep an eye out for a cheap thrift store ipod that can be upgraded.

gormenghast:
Stay away from the msata drives.  I tried to use one with the iflash adapter but nothing but problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version