Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: help identifying and purchasing a Manfrotto stand  (Read 1083 times)

Offline EarthworksSR71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • DMBalmanac
help identifying and purchasing a Manfrotto stand
« on: June 29, 2022, 09:46:46 PM »
Hey yall, I need help identifying this stand and find out how to buy one.  Seems like they're not made any more, but some of you might be able to point me in the right direction of where I can get one used.  I'm posting for the first time in forever (maybe ever?), so I apologize if this is in the wrong place.  Any help would be most appreciated!

Offline SMsound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: help identifying and purchasing a Manfrotto stand
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 03:05:10 PM »
^^Which stand?  Did you mean to attach a picture?

If I had to take a random guess without seeing a picture, many of us use the Manfrotto 1004BAC stand, which is their big air cushioned stand. I have one, and as long as you're OK with a stand that is big/heavy when folded, then it's a good option. Recently, I switched to Matthews 7' Reverse stands, since they are way narrower and shorter when folded, and still get to 7' tall and hold 11lb+ (they actually feel at least as strong as the Manfrotto that claims 20lb capacity). I use those with an extension pole when I need more height.

Or maybe you meant something completely different.
waves -> bits

Offline rigpimp

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Jarts don't kill people!
Re: help identifying and purchasing a Manfrotto stand
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 04:14:48 PM »
^^Which stand?  Did you mean to attach a picture?

If I had to take a random guess without seeing a picture, many of us use the Manfrotto 1004BAC stand, which is their big air cushioned stand. I have one, and as long as you're OK with a stand that is big/heavy when folded, then it's a good option. Recently, I switched to Matthews 7' Reverse stands, since they are way narrower and shorter when folded, and still get to 7' tall and hold 11lb+ (they actually feel at least as strong as the Manfrotto that claims 20lb capacity). I use those with an extension pole when I need more height.

Or maybe you meant something completely different.

My guess is the Bogen (Manfrotto) 3373 aka Manfrotto 001B.  The 3373 is still my favorite stand to date.
Mics: Schoeps MK 5 MP, Schoeps MK 8 MP, Schoeps MK 41 MP, KCY 250/5 > PFA
Pre/A>D/P48: Sonosax SX/M2, Sonosax SX/M2-LS, E.A.A. PSP-2, Baby Nbox, Neumann BS48i-2 (for sale)
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-6ii, Sony PCM-A10
Playback: Jolida 1501 Hybrid > McIntosh MX 130 > Von Schweikert VR-4 JR, or Little Dot MK III > Sennheiser HD700
http://archive.org/bookmarks/kskreider
https://www.concertarchives.org/kskreider
https://archive.org/details/thespps

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com