Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

All in one boxs (dvd, sacd, dvd-a, cd)

(1/3) > >>

dmonterisi:
I'm looking around at options for all-in-one boxes that can handle dvd-a, sacd, dvd, cd, cd-r, dvd-r...i know a bit about the marantz boxes (dv-8300 and dv-8400), i know pioneer makes one and onkyo makes one...does phillips or sony?  anyone have any comments on these boxes performance?  thanks.

-damon

VA_TAPER:
I have the Pioneer DV-45A, and bought it off eBay for $400.  I absolutly love it, great sounding converters for the price (better at 44.1khz than my Nakamichi CD, SACD through it rocks the house.  The DSOTM remaster is really wild at 115db!!!  I highly recommend this model.  

Previous CD source: Nakamichi OMS-5

peace, chris

dmonterisi:
thanks for the recommendation, there are a bunch of new ones on ebay at just under 350...looks like a good value...have you had any problems with cd-r's or have you tried dvd-r's?

+t

-damon

VA_TAPER:
I've used both CD-Rs and DVD-R with no problems ever.  

peace, chris

sideshowbob:
Damon....The Marantz DV8300 is fantastic ;) The only reason I bought my McIntosh player is that I am a pathetic Mc whore...had to have it ::) Look into the Marantz if it fits the budget.....I know the U89's are on the horizon ;) Have fun!!!! Thanks.....Jason

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version