Gear / Technical Help > Home Theatre & HDTV

Tivo service to be offered on Comcast DVR boxes

(1/2) > >>

dmonterisi:
http://www.cmcsk.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=147565&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=949048&highlight=

pretty cool, the tivo interface is so much better than the comcast guide system. 

Ed.:
the comcast system is hands down better than the cox system.  ugh.

I've never used tivo, but I have a scientific altlanta hd dvr though cox and its horrible.  if you pause a recording half way through, and then come back to it later, you have to fast forward all the way back to the spot you left off instead of just resuming.  pain in the butt.  and the menu's suck too.

i'd give anything to go back to my motorola through comcast.

Shawn:
this is good news. I've used both extensively and the comcast system is complete garbage compared to tivo.

Brian Skalinder:
This can't happen soon enough for me.  I imagine I'll find out whether the issues I have with -all- my Comcast boxes are hardware-based:  failure to clear new space for new recordings, long delays between remote actions, locking to a single channel, locking up completely and not displaying anything, randomly failing to record scheduled recordings, etc.  Every single box I've had from Comcast suffers from these problems.  Can't wait for the Tivo flavor...

joekar:
I have a cable box from Cablevision with a built in 100g hard drive and a Sony DVD Player/Burner with a 160g hard drive........260 gigs of video storage space combined......I could not be happier.....Commercial free TV   ;D  ;D.......Both boxes work flawlessly.......and when the hard drives fill up I can dump anything I want to keep into a DVD....

The cable box is for High Definition but my TV is not, it  is  a Toshiba 36"CRT ....They ran out of the standard TV boxes at the Cablevision  office and gave me a HD one instead....Now I get 21 more channels for free..... the HD channels look great......DVD quality...unfortunately they seldom have any good programming on.....Mostly just the channels that I normally get in standard definition....I usually watch the PBS channel in HD, and it looks great.....The only sport I (seldom) watch is hockey..and the Rangers still play like shit...even in HD... ;D

Peace,
jk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version