Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RC batts vs. Walmart 9v li-ion for mp2  (Read 2618 times)

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Team Canada
RC batts vs. Walmart 9v li-ion for mp2
« on: November 28, 2005, 10:48:31 PM »
I am thinking of either getting a pair of 7.2v nimh rc batteries for the mp2 or the standard walmart 9v li-ion (tougher to find).... which is best for the mp2 and why? Thanks!

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
Re: RC batts vs. Walmart 9v li-ion for mp2
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 11:13:32 PM »
I am thinking of either getting a pair of 7.2v nimh rc batteries for the mp2 or the standard walmart 9v li-ion (tougher to find).... which is best for the mp2 and why? Thanks!

I've used 9.6v RC NiMH batts and the 9v Li-Ion and I prefer the Li-Ion b/c of its level indicator, more polished feel, form factor, and faster charging (though the NiMH chargers may have caught up in speed, I haven't used the 9.6v RC chargers in a couple years).

The Li-Ion batts aren't terribly difficult to find - Walmart doesn't make them, they simply re-brand them, as do a slew of other companies.  Try searching eBay or Froogle for keywords:  DVD, lithium, battery.  Should get you a whole boatload of results, both 9v and otherwise.  And two specific model #s of which I'm aware:  Lenmar DVD-U9 and Initial RB-270.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline aberg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Team Canada
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:34:51 PM »

I've used 9.6v RC NiMH batts and the 9v Li-Ion and I prefer the Li-Ion b/c of its level indicator, more polished feel, form factor, and faster charging (though the NiMH chargers may have caught up in speed, I haven't used the 9.6v RC chargers in a couple years).

The Li-Ion batts aren't terribly difficult to find - Walmart doesn't make them, they simply re-brand them, as do a slew of other companies.  Try searching eBay or Froogle for keywords:  DVD, lithium, battery.  Should get you a whole boatload of results, both 9v and otherwise.  And two specific model #s of which I'm aware:  Lenmar DVD-U9 and Initial RB-270.

The cheapest I can find is $50USD. A little pricey I think... I can get 2 rc packs with smart charger for that amount.

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 11:41:12 PM »

The cheapest I can find is $50USD. A little pricey I think... I can get 2 rc packs with smart charger for that amount.

Go with the RC packs Brian suggested, it's a relatively inexpensive, easy and reliable solution, I used one with my MP-2 with no problems at all.  If you're stealthing its a bit smaller too.
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com