Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Shockmounts, waste of money ?  (Read 8606 times)

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
Re: Shockmounts, waste of money ?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »
I think I paid 12$ each for these and I love 'em. They're exactly what I have found is needed. I bought them after a "stomper" show, these have insulated me well from stompers or anything else that might travel up the pole and these suckers are bulletproof, made of steel on the rings. They're quite compact for mounts as well.

what kind of mounts are those and do they have brass threads?

Offline taperj

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »
I think I paid 12$ each for these and I love 'em. They're exactly what I have found is needed. I bought them after a "stomper" show, these have insulated me well from stompers or anything else that might travel up the pole and these suckers are bulletproof, made of steel on the rings. They're quite compact for mounts as well.

what kind of mounts are those and do they have brass threads?

Heya Darby, As I remember they didn't even come in a bag, just had wires coiled on them with a tag and a price like they were "generic." I'm looking for any identification on them at all and there's not even a "made in" on them. I got them at Guitar Center here in Chicago. I've been planning on going down there so perhaps I'll see if they can look it up in my purchase history tomorrow and I'll bring one in with me to show them. I remember the sales rep that sold them to me, if I can find out I'll get a model # or whatever unique identifier they have for them and I'll post it. They don't seem to be listed on their website, at least not under shock mounts. The threads seem like they are just metal, not brass, I can see there's a bit of oxidization on them.

Rig: Neumann skm184 or Neumann skm140 > Sound Devices Mixpre > Olympus LS-10 or Korg MR-1

Just ask the axis, he knows everything.

Offline 9obama9xyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2009, 11:25:17 PM »
  Marked! I will come back to check this soon!thanks a lot.:-)
simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France - Credit immobilier de France, simulation credit immobilier. Résultat mitigé pour le crédit immobilier de France.simulation taux banque credit immobilier de France
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:27:12 PM by 9obama9xyz »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.392 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com