Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Different types of Fuji CDR's  (Read 2730 times)

dancing with elihu

• Trade Count: (0)
Different types of Fuji CDR's
« on: December 29, 2003, 11:12:12 PM »
Does anyone know the difference between the different types of Fuji CDRs? It seems like everytime I go to the store to get some, they always look different. I've gotten some before that are completely blue with silver writing; I got some a couple weeks ago that said audio on the outside, but the disc is completely silver and says CDR All Purpose (these have no lines); and yesterday I got some that are just specified as CDR and are all silver with two lines on them-one at near the top and one near the bottom.

dancing with elihu

Re:Different types of Fuji CDR's
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 12:07:06 AM »
Ok so what if it's made in Taiwan? Is that a bad thing? I typically use them for audio and not computer data files.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 12:09:00 AM by dancing with elihu »

dancing with elihu

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 12:13:18 AM »
I haven't noticed any problems with any of the different kinds I mentioned...I just didn't know if they were actually made differently or if one was specifically better for wav files.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:54:55 AM »
the japan-made fuji's are taiyo yuden's, which are known for their high-quality discs.  the taiwanese ones and other brands of discs not made by ty or mitsui are considered inferior.
i odn't know specifics but i imagine this refers to manufacturing quality and expected life of the discs.
however, either data or audio cd's will work just fine for burning audio discs if you're using a computer.  some standalone burners prefer audio discs, though i don't know the difference in discs if there even is one.

CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

dancing with elihu

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 01:00:48 AM »
Just my like...why do I always wind up with the inferior stuff...hehe. I don't use a stand alone...I use my comp and it's been working fine up until now...as in a few minutes ago. My comp is not recognizing my cd rom or my cd burner now and rebooting didn't help. I was actually motivated enough to burn some shows off my hard drive and now I can't. It'll probably be a while before I even get motivated enough again to clean up my hard drive...probably when I get down to 2 or 3 gig of free space left again.

Offline chase

• Taperssection Member
    • Etree List
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 02:30:56 AM »
seriously, i don't think that these so called inferior cdr's are really all that bad.  quality media is usually only a problem when the hardware is first introduced, dvd+/-r drives now, for example.  i think that for our purposes you would be hard pressed to find a major difference between the TY Fujis and the Taiwan Fujis.  from what i have seen the surface of these discs seem to be very similar to the old TY Fujis so i doubt they will have flaking problems.  i prefer TY media but am skeptical of how bad these new Fujis really are.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 04:31:50 AM »
fwiw, the blue one's are the digital audio/music cd-r types that will work in external CD burners (ie: phillips CDR775) whereas the others won't

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2003, 10:40:41 AM »
Is there any way to guarantee getting the light blue CD-R's?
Whenever I burn a music CD on the silver ones, they skip in my car CD player. The blue ones are always fine. I used to have a pretty good inventory of the Fuji blue discs, but I'm getting down to the last spindle. The last time I bought the Fuji's they were silver, so I use those for data. I haven't found any Made In Japan Fuji's lately.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2003, 08:06:58 PM »
Is there any way to guarantee getting the light blue CD-R's?
Whenever I burn a music CD on the silver ones, they skip in my car CD player. The blue ones are always fine. I used to have a pretty good inventory of the Fuji blue discs, but I'm getting down to the last spindle. The last time I bought the Fuji's they were silver, so I use those for data. I haven't found any Made In Japan Fuji's lately.

I just bought two spindles of Japan Fuji's (50 Count) for $17.99 each at Best Buy... this was less than an hour ago... and there were a bunch more spindles there...

Best Buy in Brighton, MI that is...

I saw thirty spindles for $12.99 at a different best buy here in michigan as well...

I would look at best buy

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com