Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Universal Actives Mounting Bar for DIN, DINa, ORTF, NOS, XY90, XY110  (Read 8553 times)

Offline 69mako

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Universal Actives Mounting Bar for DIN, DINa, ORTF, NOS, XY90, XY110
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 11:36:03 PM »
I am interested in one of these because it seems like an easier/quick way to setup different configs.  Beside if we make it ourtselves, we can custom-fit it to our exact needs.  Still interested in helping out if the desire is there.

Mako
http://db.etree.org/69mako

007: Church Audio CA-14c -> Church Audio St-9100 preamp -> R-09HR

Open: Busman BSC1 mics (X2) -> Hydra Cables (X2) -> Tmod R4

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 02:33:19 AM »
I gotta say i was/am interested in these bars myself and was only having that batch of different size bars made up to maybe fill a void with bar mounts and shocks  as i think this active idea is good and has different appeal than a standard bar and I may take stab at it next time i visit my folks as i will have access to the machine shop

I'd say to go for it Robb.  You seem to have the means for doing this type of thing.  I definitely do not, so whatever I do I would have to either improvise or invest.  That makes it more difficult for two reasons.  1) I don't necessarily want to put out a product that looks homemade simply because that is not the way to do business, and 2) obviously, for a custom solution such as this I really have no desire or incentive to invest.

I've said all along that my main interest was the solution, not the process.  So, I am MORE than happy to say to anyone, like you Robb, take this ball and RUN RUN RUN!  The only thing I ask in return is a little bit of credit for having some ideas (and maybe a low-price production model WINK).

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 02:38:20 AM »
I've used elastic shockcord extensively in my 402x mount designs.
maybe you can glean something from these for hold-downs?
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v729/MokePics2/Homemade%20gear/

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,98523.msg1338500.html#msg1338500
these things, with the elastic shockcord and clamps ^^, hold rock steady!  they will not let the mics slip in the slightest, even with rigorous shaking.

Precisely!  Moke shared these pictures in the past and I also made some Moke bars when I had the DPAs.  These worked better than anything else I had, but my particular construction still had problems with windscreen interference. 

Anyway, the Moke bars were the inspiration for the cradle idea in this design with the bungee hold-downs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com