Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BT vs Archive.org  (Read 3594 times)

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
BT vs Archive.org
« on: February 22, 2004, 10:14:31 PM »
seeing what people prefere, i'm looking to putting a big wu show from friday up, just wondering what people thought was better..

i personnally like the archives, cause the download speed is much higher for me.  any help would be cool.  its transfering right now, bout an hour left. just wanted to get people's personal preference. peace.

matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline RobC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:BT vs Archive.org
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 10:19:03 PM »
I use Bit Torrent because many of the Bands I tape are not on the archive,  and with bit torrent by the time I done uploading the show many people already have it.

It also seems like if I bit Torrent a show of a band that is on the archive, someone usually uploads it
km 184 >v2> HD-P2, R-44
AKG 393, 392

Offline Arglebargle

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 10:25:57 PM »
I can only use other people's computers, so if I download a show I go for the archive, due to ease of use.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 10:26:59 PM »
the archive is great for one simple reason...they are maintaining a copy of all of my shows of bands that are up there...that way in case anything ever happens to my copy...they should have an original .shn version as well

Offline Swampy

• You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 10:27:23 PM »
torrent, no one can fuck with your show

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 11:18:34 PM »
cool, i might run a torrent later tonight.  i just don't wanna destroy my bandwith, but i'll probably do it anyway.  thanks, peace.

matt

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline RobC

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 11:59:55 PM »
cool, i might run a torrent later tonight.  i just don't wanna destroy my bandwith, but i'll probably do it anyway.  thanks, peace.

matt

this is what I do so my bandwidth is totally killed while hosting bit torrents.

When I start it up I have it set to unlimited
see what the top upload speed I can get (usually 35 KB/S for me)
than I adjust my upload to about 5 KB/s lower than my max, and I can surf the web at about the same speed as when Im not hosting any BTs
km 184 >v2> HD-P2, R-44
AKG 393, 392

cpclark

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 02:28:38 AM »
i download from both and seed to both if they are archive friendly, i almost always BT the show and archive it if it is allowable

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 10:13:31 AM »
do both!

upload it to the archive, then torrent it.

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 06:59:23 PM »
Uploading wise pretty much every show I've taped of archive.org friendly bands are on the site...I've yet to host a BT, but may do my first one for this Wednesday's Addison Groove Project show.

I, unfortunately, am stuck with Bittorrent as far as downloading goes...

There are hundreds of shows on archive.org I'd love to get...but for whatever reason I can't get a damn thing from there.

If I try and download the whole show as a Zip file, I get a "An Internal Error Has Occured In The Microsoft Internet Extensions" error message after about 100mb. If I try and grab one track at a time, the files either never pass the md5 (if shn), or the FLAC frontend won't decode them due to errors..

Any ideas? This has frustrated me for months...

I'll gladly +T anyone who can help once I get to the 50 post mark...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 09:02:58 PM »
yea, i'd recomend using the archives, but i use smartFTP.  i get the address of where the show is on the archive servers, and i log on with smartftp.  when you'r at the screen, look on the side and hit FTP information, it will then give you the server, and directory.   that way, you can set it to download the whole show, but if it does stop partway through it, you have what songs have already finished, and then you can go back again.  hope that helps, and look for my big wu 2.20.04 coming up on there pretty soon. peace.

matt

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • it's recreational
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2004, 06:21:51 AM »
If I try and grab one track at a time, the files either never pass the md5 (if shn), or the FLAC frontend won't decode them due to errors..

Any ideas? This has frustrated me for months...

Nick, you probably already did this but doesn't FLAC have an option to decode through errors?  Shouldn't you get SOMEthing by doing this?

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2004, 11:16:01 AM »
I clicked the "decode through errors" option...and it'll keep going for a little bit, then it hits a "FLAC_DECODER_ERROR_UNSPARSABLE_STREAM" error...and just quits.

I've got no clue either...
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Southern Shelter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2004, 11:23:41 AM »

If you're referring to the MP3/lossless debate, I uploaded a show yesterday, and they now have a check-box you can select for No-Lossless . . .

Of course if you did a BT and then -someone else- upped it to the archive you wouldn't have a chance to select no. So do both!

Sloan

Offline mgleason007

• Taperssection Member
  • Mmmmm, yummy
    • My Bootleg List
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 04:35:31 AM »

I don't get this comment  ???
Mike

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com