Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Will I ever fly my mic bodies again?  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 391/MK90>MP2>SBM1>JB3
Will I ever fly my mic bodies again?
« on: March 02, 2004, 03:12:29 PM »
To anyone who has used full body mics then purchased the actives:  Have you ever flown your bodies since purchasing the actives?  My first thought was keep the stereo bar and shockmounts, but the more i think about it i don't think i will ever use them.  I can fit windscreens onto the caps with the actives perfectly, so i have no idea where i would use the stereo bar and shocks again. ???
then we tell the kids that its good versus evil
that country and god are more important than people
we say it so much that its almost believable
Fear, we'll leave nobody behind.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Will I ever fly my mic bodies again?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 03:32:08 PM »
what are you using to position your actives? is it a stock ORTF bar or DIN bar etc.?

the bodies can be useful when you're setup somewhere where a stock pattern won't work.

also, if you ever get omni's the bodies are useful for splitting the mics several feet.

honestly, how much did you pay for the shocks and t-bar? how much will you get out of them? sometimes it's nice just to have that stuff around, you never know when you might need it.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 04:14:52 PM »
although I've never flown full bodies, I agree with tim.  You never know when you'll need em.

Offline Chapper

• Taperssection Member
  • Do the chickens have large talons?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 04:17:35 PM »
I've never used my bodies since I got the actives.   In fact, my audiomagic cables are MIA.  
I'm hoping that the KWON adjustable bar comes out soon for the AK40's, but you can make the stock setup work just about anywhere.  
Sell me the other shockmount you don't need anymore!!
..Just be glad you live in America,
Relax and be yourself,
Because if you didn't live here in America,
You'd proabably live somewhere else.."
David Lowery

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 04:18:24 PM »
ive had actives and i tended not to run the actives when i didnt have to- the cables arent the strongest things in the world and why take a risk in damaging them when you dont have to?

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 04:19:17 PM »
another important thing to remember is that you are sort of limited in the cable run you are allowed with actives.  If you want to suspend your mics and snake the cables around a rafter back to the rest of your rig, you'll need the extra gear.  Tim is absolutely right, you should really evaluate what the little cash you'll get selling the hardware vs. having the stuff around when you may need it.  If it sets around for a year and you don't ever use it, then dump it off.  But for now, I would hang on to it.  

I made the mistake of selling off some stuff that regret.  Now I have to borrow stuff for certain occasions and its fine, but definately not ideal.  You never know when you'll need something.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 04:20:54 PM »
good consideration Jonny.

I kept the actives on all the time becuase I feared damaging the threads by screwing and unscrewing the bodies and caps.

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Chapper

• Taperssection Member
  • Do the chickens have large talons?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 04:43:29 PM »
I kept the actives on all the time becuase I feared damaging the threads by screwing and unscrewing the bodies and caps.
Another good point!  I'm sure getting an active cable or your cap fixed wouldn't be inexpensive.
..Just be glad you live in America,
Relax and be yourself,
Because if you didn't live here in America,
You'd proabably live somewhere else.."
David Lowery

marc0789

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 04:44:14 PM »
if i'd kept my at mounts and tbar, probably could gerryrig the 4022's, so I could run din or Nutter in a crappy room. but I got rid of all that shit, and only have the cmxo, dammit. keep it.

Offline Thomas

• Taperssection Member
  • 391/MK90>MP2>SBM1>JB3
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 08:12:24 PM »
"what are you using to position your actives? is it a stock ORTF bar or DIN bar etc.?"

I was gonna build a couple of different bars (XY ORTF DIN) that would work with one of my shockmounts.  
Before I read this post I had already made up my mind to sell the Shure bar and one mount, but now I'm not so sure, think I'll take boswell's advice and keep them around for a while and see how much I use them, if i don't use them at all then I'll let them go.

Offline herrmann2burn

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • West by God
    • my tradelist
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 09:33:22 PM »
"what are you using to position your actives? is it a stock ORTF bar or DIN bar etc.?"

I was gonna build a couple of different bars (XY ORTF DIN) that would work with one of my shockmounts.  
Before I read this post I had already made up my mind to sell the Shure bar and one mount, but now I'm not so sure, think I'll take boswell's advice and keep them around for a while and see how much I use them, if i don't use them at all then I'll let them go.
Thomas,
I also have the Actives for the Bluelines, and i only use the actives when i need to.  I built a PVC Bar for them, and have the Clips that came with the actives in it all the time, so i only have to stick the Actives in them.
I posted some pics of them in the Pic section...if you want to check them out they are here:
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=20;action=display;threadid=13271

BTW, where did you score your actives? i got mine from a taper who had them for a while, but i know some others may be interested in getting some.
Take me home, country roads...to the place, i belong...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/herrmann2burn

Offline Thomas

• Taperssection Member
  • 391/MK90>MP2>SBM1>JB3
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 10:38:57 AM »
BTW, where did you score your actives? i got mine from a taper who had them for a while, but i know some others may be interested in getting some.

I got them from musiciansgear.com in Germany.  I have to warn you though that they took over 3 months to get here; this is abnormally long compared to some other peoples orders, but it can take that long.

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 04:50:48 PM »
nice - $200 / each for 391 active cables.....

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 09:08:41 PM »
i might be able to get them at dealer price.. i gotta find out, i posted this in another thread. i don't know if i can get many, but if i can i'll be coming to spread the word on here.
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline Thomas

• Taperssection Member
  • 391/MK90>MP2>SBM1>JB3
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2004, 11:31:14 AM »
Right befor I purchased mine, I called oade just to see what the US Dealer Price would be, (I know that this will vary from dealer to dealer, but not by that much) I cant remember what he said their cost was but it was substantially higher than the price at that time on musiciansgear.  This was in mid november, and i think the dollar>euro was doing better back then.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com