Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: What do you think of these Oktavas ?  (Read 4414 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:What do you think of these Oktavas ?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 11:52:27 PM »
I don't recommend large diaphram condensers for taping, they don't have good/consistent off-axis response, and they're cumbersome.  They're best suited for close micing in the studio.  I recommend Rode NT5's or an NT4 (self-powered stereo mic), both can be found cheap new on eBay.

are you kidding me?  the tlm series sounds incredible from far back.  have you ever used the omni setting for a room sound in a studio, not close mic'd?  sounds pretty fantastic.  I think your statement is a pretty huge generalization.

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Re:What do you think of these Oktavas ?
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2004, 12:29:07 PM »
Ok so it seems like ADK's are the way to go. Do I have to get a matched pair? I found a site called http://www.newsoundcard.com/g/garvin/default.asp?S=500&A=F&SearchText=adk&PCategoryID=-1
They have a  A51 Type V with shock mount and bag for $149. What is the diffrence between the Type V and the High Spl?   :headphones:  

Ummm download some shows & listen with your own ears and buy what you like. Oktava's STILL get a bad rap for no reason ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com